+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP H1B - Baby meds done Jun 2013 | parents on Jul 2012

takeaguess

Sep 24, 2013
I'm trying to find out if there is anyone with a similar situation as ours. We did our meds in Jul 2012 and since then we had a baby and her meds were done in Jun 2013. We've already sent out all the requested documents, paid the visa fees etc. The ECAS status doesn't tell us much. The only update it shows is that they started processing application in June 2013.

We want to know the next step. We're assuming passport request is the next step, but we aren't sure. Can someone enlighten us? If it is passport request then how long do we have to wait before we hear back? Is it true that more enquiries you make longer is your wait?

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
Hi,
I guess I am in the same situation (except that we submitted our baby's application with our application). I have completed my medicals and also paid the RPRF in Aug. 2013. My online status says that the processing was started on Aug. 8th. I am guessing the next email from cic should be requesting our passports but how long does it take for them to process. I am getting impatient. Does anyone have any updates.
Does your online status say that your medical exam was received because for me it des not and I am only assuming that that doctor's office did send in the report.
Is there any way of calling CIC to find out about the application.

Any help would be really appreciated.

takeaguess

Sep 24, 2013
Hey Saju! We received our passport with visas on Dec 6, 2013. Exactly about 2 weeks ago. You said your online status says Aug is when they started processing, which is about two months from when we saw ours. Our PP was requested on Oct 28 and got it back Dec 6 ... just over a month. So be patient, maybe one more month, and it will pay off very nicely. Best wishes!

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
Congratulations !! I am sure you must be relieved. Hope that I receive my email for passport request soon.

Thank you for sharing and good luck.