+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP from H-1B submitted Aug10

ponchita

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all.
I submitted documents Aug 10. Almsost exact day Alberta shutted down receiving application form.
I received confirmation from Alberta they received my documents and processing.
But I don't hear anything from then about nominee.
I already have a job offer. But already 5month have passed.
And I'm worrying my H-1B visa will expire befoe the decision comes.
Is there anybody nominated who submitted around Aug 2010?

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ponchita said:
Hi all.
I submitted documents Aug 10. Almsost exact day Alberta shutted down receiving application form.
I received confirmation from Alberta they received my documents and processing.
But I don't hear anything from then about nominee.
I already have a job offer. But already 5month have passed.
And I'm worrying my H-1B visa will expire befoe the decision comes.
Is there anybody nominated who submitted around Aug 2010?
pnchita,

At some point of time, you must be ready to accept the reality. Give up the fear of denial. Even if you get there today, you will NOT get any job what you have in US and will not be able to make even 20% of what you are making in USA, even if you are on bench and out of project for last three months. Constantly work on alternatives so you can be counted under those elites who are still welcomed in USA and US Green Card runs behind them

US2IND2CAN

Nov 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-3-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
3-6-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
3-6-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2011
LANDED..........
22-4-2011
washington.state said:
pnchita,

At some point of time, you must be ready to accept the reality. Give up the fear of denial. Even if you get there today, you will NOT get any job what you have in US and will not be able to make even 20% of what you are making in USA, even if you are on bench and out of project for last three months. Constantly work on alternatives so you can be counted under those elites who are still welcomed in USA and US Green Card runs behind them
Where do you get such ideas?........"will not be able to make even 20% of what you are making in USA" and "counted under those elites".....do you have any idea about Indians (majority Andhraites) living in USA who cannot form a sentence in english and are H1B and GC holders. You call them elites?
I can give you examples of people (a very good friend of mine being one of them) in Edmonton who are making more than they made when they were in USA. He owned only one house in Virginia when he lived there, but after he moved to Edmonton, in just three years he has one house fully paid, another house which he bought a year back and is now looking to invest in commercial properties.

ponchita

Jul 28, 2010
I haven't paid money yet. I thought when I am nominated for Canada I have to pay. Is that wrong?
I am using lawyer for this case. And via lawyer I received confirmation e-mail from Alberta they received my documents and they are processing.
Just in case, I'm almost ready to submit another application for skilled worker category.
Of course I consider about green card in U.S., but it's going to take so long. I have to be tied up with visa until I receive green card.That's too much for me.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
You are right, nomination process is free.

I think you are safe since they have confirmed that they received your application and under processing, otherwise they should have returned your packet immediately.

Just wondering can you apply as both PNP and skilled worker? Skilled worker should be much faster than PNP now because it may take your almost two years to get your nomination. I guess by the time you get your nomination you might have got your visa through skilled worker.

ponchita

Jul 28, 2010
Actually I'm aslmost reday to submit application for skilled worker category.
I was supposed to submit last Nov. But my IELTS socre was not so good. I retake test, unfortunately overall score was same. I asked my lawyer advice and he said go on with the same score. So soon I'm going to submit documents.
I know my appication is safe, but it took so long to be nominated.
According to my lawyer, generally it takes 1 month to be nominated from Alberta, but already took 5 month. So I'm worrying how long it’s going to take.
My lawtyer says he has no idea how long it's going take.
Since I have to maintain my visa status until decision comes, it's very risky.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
The 1 month nomination timeframe your lawer told you is way back in 2008, turning to 2009 is 9 months to 1 year, and turning to 2010 is 1 year to 2 years.

If you have time you don't have to hire an atterney, you can DIY.

ponchita

Jul 28, 2010
OMG! How come people can maitain working visa in U.S. for such a long time? Probably I have to leave U.S., before decision comes. I hope my skilled worker application will work faster.

Kamesh

Aug 19, 2010
Hi Ponchita! We sent our AINP app last Dec 2009 and got our nomination only in June 2010 so that took awhile too. Maybe yours is on the way! :)

It's ok to lose your H1-B while your AINP is getting processed as long as you're maintain it while your nomination is getting assessed (at least that's what CIC advised us when we were anxiously awaiting our nomination too).

Good luck!

ponchita

Jul 28, 2010
I also asked my lawyer yesterday. He said, it's ok to wait outside U.S., but it would be better to have status in U.S..
Really? Even you submitted more than 1 year ago, it seems to take time. I have to be more patient.