+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)***

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
felix31 said:
If I get Alberta nomination before June, that would be great. I will be able to continue through CIC Vienna in Austria. I am not giving up on Alberta. Its just that I have to leave US before the end of this year, and Alberta is so slow.....

UK taxes are higher but they have universal health care so if you are unnemployed you dont have to worry about being ill and not being able to get medical care.
Felix, thanks for all info. Although this forum is about AINP but since it is going dull with no many updates after many of us got file numbers { AINP batch production technique :-( }, maybe you answer few of my questions. This will enlighten our buddies on this forum about one more settlement avenue/option...

I was thinking of applying to HSMP and wish to know(much info I have from their website itself but following points are not clear) 1) How much time it takes i.e overall processing time 2) How much time I have to move to UK after getting visa. 3) How much time I have to live in UK to maintain that visa. I heard that rules have changed and you can remain outside UK for only 3 months in 5 years to maintain HSMP status.....

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Re: AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15(OLD PROCESS)

Can anyone of u pls answer these:

1)The job title in my LCA was Programmer Analyst(but i do testing ,developing, programming)
My question is do i come under 2173 or 2174.
2) Do i need to submit the resume along with AINP application(i know its not but just want to confirm) pls let me know
3)how many family members(including urself) are included in this application for canadian PR is it 1( i am applying only for myself)
4)If i am not appointing any rep or third party in filling up the form there is no need of filling AINP 008B right?

Thanks

engg said:
Application sent to:

Strategic recruitment System- US Visa Holder Category
Alberta Employment and Immigration
4th Floor Commerce Place, 10155-102 Street
Edmonton AB T5J 4L6 Canada

Applied under 2171

Timeline ...........
Documents sent for pre-assessment:23 Nov 2008
Confirmation :24 Nov 2008
Invite for PNP Cert:24 Dec 2008
Application Sent:25 Jan 2009
App received(delivered by Fedex):27 Jan 2009
Waiting for file number.

joshi77

Mar 4, 2009
Flex ... do you know any forum like this for UK HSMP tier 1 visa's

Mike053 said:
felix31 said:
If I get Alberta nomination before June, that would be great. I will be able to continue through CIC Vienna in Austria. I am not giving up on Alberta. Its just that I have to leave US before the end of this year, and Alberta is so slow.....

UK taxes are higher but they have universal health care so if you are unnemployed you dont have to worry about being ill and not being able to get medical care.
Felix, thanks for all info. Although this forum is about AINP but since it is going dull with no many updates after many of us got file numbers { AINP batch production technique :-( }, maybe you answer few of my questions. This will enlighten our buddies on this forum about one more settlement avenue/option...

I was thinking of applying to HSMP and wish to know(much info I have from their website itself but following points are not clear) 1) How much time it takes i.e overall processing time 2) How much time I have to move to UK after getting visa. 3) How much time I have to live in UK to maintain that visa. I heard that rules have changed and you can remain outside UK for only 3 months in 5 years to maintain HSMP status.....

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
I still check my e-mail daily for file number. Still, no news, it's been almost 2 months since they got my packet.

:(

Engg, do you have any news on your end?

Mike,

dont wanna hijack this forum, but to answer briefly - I did not lean much from UK forums, except about timelines. If you go by youself it can take upt 2 months, depending which visa office you belong. It can be also as little as 2 weeks. I used visa expeditors who did not prepare my application but only handed papers in person. All info I got from UK Border Agency web site.

HSMP was phased out, tier 1 was rolled out last year in may
so you just apply when you want, they did change requirements from April 1st, and raised the education requirement to UK master degree equivalent and minimum salary of 20K pounds sterling.

here is my UK timeline:
3/7 applied online and scheduled biometrics for 3/14, paid visa fee $942
3/16 my wife applied online and scheduled her biometrics for 3/21, paid her visa fee $942
between 3/7 and 3/23 read everything about required docs section and worked hard on getting original docs to support my application
I knew I had 14 days from the date of biometrics to submit supporting docs to the consulate.

3/23 handed my application packet over to visa expeditors
3/24 they submitted my application packet with supported docs to LA consulate in person
3/26 visas were issued and passports stamped

3/27 received passports with visas and my orginal docs back

Note: Britz have strict requirements for original documents only, since I had to include original h1 extensions and original diplomas, orginal pay stubs for over 12 months, original bank statements, marriage certificate, etc, I was very concerned to get everything back as soon as possible.
I did not care for fees or the possibility of being rejected. I worked hard to beat April 1st deadline and it worked.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
UK job market is more screwed up than the US I heard. But may that is for the work permit class. HSMP lets you work with any employer.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
tier 1 general is not tied to industry or employer
no one ever asks what occupation you apply under. Can change jobs, no requirements on how mmuch you need to be paid, so greater freedom and greater mobility. Actually I have never had that freedom as H1 in US.

tier 2 visa is actually work permit and under that you are tied to employer just as H1 in the US.

A

Albertagoverner

Ell.Bee said:
UK job market is more screwed up than the US I heard. But may that is for the work permit class. HSMP lets you work with any employer.
Under British Immigration (Tier 1, HSMP) Atleast liberty to work for any employer allows you to apply for Full-time positions. But I will suggest talk to "Michael Page International Group" and "Huxley Associates", These agencies have really good clients like Royal Bank of Scotland, British Airways, Bank of England and all wall street firms are also located at "Canary Wharf" in London. "Canary Wharf" is like Manhattan of London. They will put you in Job within 1-2 week.

I

Indium-sulfide

That is a great opportunity for those who have to leave.
The time line is really a flashlight. It reaches just after you shoot it.
Great Britain!

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Indium-sulfide said:
That is a great opportunity for those who have to leave.
The time line is really a flashlight. It reaches just after you shoot it.
Great Britain!
the problem is that you cant apply for hsmp as "back up" as many(not all) here are doing for ainp as back up to US. residency requirement is very strict for hsmp. you definitely have to move and live there, not like Canada PR that you just have to live there 2/5 years.

anyways, does anybody has idea what was last file # to get nomination.....

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Albertagoverner said:
Ell.Bee said:
Under British Immigration (Tier 1, HSMP) Atleast liberty to work for any employer allows you to apply for Full-time positions. But I will suggest talk to "Michael Page International Group" and "Huxley Associates", These agencies have really good clients like Royal Bank of Scotland, British Airways, Bank of England and all wall street firms are also located at "Canary Wharf" in London. "Canary Wharf" is like Manhattan of London. They will put you in Job within 1-2 week.
I dont know if that works for HSMP, but when I worked in London in 2001-2002, I was looking for a job for 6 months, I was on work permit and even thought I cleared 90% of the interviews, the reason I was turned down was cos no one was willing to sponsor/transfer the work permit.

I

Indium-sulfide

Sounds not fair?
if yea guys just want to backup for US, why ruin the opportunities of the other real poor guyes who want to really stay in Alberta?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Indium-sulfide said:
Sounds not fair?
if yea guys just want to backup for US, why ruin the opportunities of the other real poor guyes who want to really stay in Alberta?
I have intention of moving to Alberta. Here i just shared my past experience with the UK job market which was in the year 2001-2002. I was layed off in 2002 and thought I made it through 90% of the interviews, they refused to apply/trasfer my work permit.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
I know what you are saing Ell.Bee. That's exactly how things were in the US during 2001-2002 for H1 visa holders.

I was getting 10s of calls every day but the requirement was 'only US citizens or GC holders'. I was lucky enough that I had a long term project for my H1 sponsor that was not cut due to budget but everywhere people were forced to leave US' cause 'no jobs for H1 visa holders' clause.

So work permit holders in Canada, UK, H1 visa in US, they are pretty much the same. They are the last to get hired in tough economic times. No one wants to sponsor, regardless of how good you are.

I discovered Alberta in November, applied for pre-assessment in December. I was counting that I would get PR and settle by the end of this year. Who knows, perhaps I will get my PR through CIC in Vienna and land next year. :)
xoxoxoxo

That's gonna be a trip, move to Uk, move back to Canada.....

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi!

I have a question for people who send the documents to Buffalo Office - AINP Only (employer steam)

what is Your experience with sending documents to Buffalo

• how You have to prepare the documents?
  • did You staples documents with more then one page?
  • or did You leave without staples?
  • did You add additional documents?
  • did You staples how they want on helpful hints (money order on first page photos on second page (separate envelope for family member)
  • did You put money order separate for all family members?
  • did your application back to You (what was wrong with)
  • they ask for some additional documents? (what kind of)

some advice?

regards

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
onlyy44,

There is another thread for the ones who have already applied to CIC. May be if you post there you might get a response to your questions.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-h1b-holders-cic-process-t11870.0.html