+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agriculture in Canada

Gurnoor Gill

Jul 21, 2019
Hi I am a farmer in India . Today I came to know about farmer program in Canada and also came to know that there is shortage of fruits in Canada . So I want to know that if I will come in Canada will I get land and house to live ????
How can I apply for farmer's program in Canada ????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am a farmer in India . Today I came to know about farmer program in Canada and also came to know that there is shortage of fruits in Canada . So I want to know that if I will come in Canada will I get land and house to live ????
How can I apply for farmer's program in Canada ????
In the past there was an immigration program for farmers under the self-employment stream.

This program was closed in 2018 and IRCC is no longer accepting applications.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=6.3.4

People who immigrated under this program did not get a land and house to live in from the government. They had to buy the land and house themselves once they arrived here with their own savings.

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
In the past there was an immigration program for farmers under the self-employment stream.

This program was closed in 2018 and IRCC is no longer accepting applications.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=6.3.4

People who immigrated under this program did not get a land and house to live in from the government. They had to buy the land and house themselves once they arrived here with their own savings.
I saw some provinces do accept farmers. Such as Alberta's farmers self employed stream. But the problem is you have to deposit $500,000 upfront and they dont provide any land and house you have to buy that yourself with different savings.

Reactions: scylla