+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agent denies to provide POE Letter

jeevrl2020

Nov 28, 2022
Dear Friends, My friend and I applied for the work permit with an IRCC consultant. After the visa stamping he started demanding double the amount prior to what we agreed on. Our visa is stamped and he is not providing us the POE letter. Despite of many tries, we have lost the hopes of moving to Canada because of this. I just need help on how to obtain the POE letter directly from IRCC? Could you please help me with this? Is this needed at the port of entry ? Your advise will help us both.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You can remove any agent from servicing you.
Is this "agent" a registered one ie Registered Immigration Consultant(RIC)?

If not, then he has never been representing you in the first place. Infact he should not be representing you. He was actually impersonating you.

If he is indeed a RIC, then you can ask IRCC that he should not represent you and revoke his representation permission and report him.

Now, more importantly, if you have your visa on your passport, it will list a lot many details including your UCI number.

Do you have your application confirmation letter that he might have sent while putting your application? That will have your Application number.

With your UCI and application number, you can send communication directly to IRCC using WebForm. Another way is to call IRCC and talk to a IRCC client support agent directly. You can update your email address with them so any further communication will be with you rather than that agent. I am not sure but you may request them to send your PoE letter as well.

Also, look at following answers from IRCC:

1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=856&top=25

I have lost, deleted or damaged my POE Letter. What should I do?
Contact us using the Web form and ask us to re-send your Port of Entry (POE) Letter.
If you applied online, we will usually re-send your POE Letter to you through your account. If you cannot access or link to your original application in your account, make sure you include that detail in your message.

2. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=850&top=23
I recently reset my account, but I don’t see my application. How can I get it back?

PoE letter is very simple one :
Basically it contains your UCI and Application number and a standard language :

Last edited:

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Dear Friends, My friend and I applied for the work permit with an IRCC consultant. After the visa stamping he started demanding double the amount prior to what we agreed on. Our visa is stamped and he is not providing us the POE letter. Despite of many tries, we have lost the hopes of moving to Canada because of this. I just need help on how to obtain the POE letter directly from IRCC? Could you please help me with this? Is this needed at the port of entry ? Your advise will help us both.
Write to the ethics board at college of consultants.