+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age relaxation policy in OINP. Response from OINP. Please guide.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I asked OINP about age relaxation policy. They replied with the following. Now what is your take on it? I think what they are saying is that as soon as I receive the PT notification my age will be locked and points drop due to age increase will not matter till I apply for Federal PR right?
I have quoted their last para here:

"Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application."

In the above does invitation to apply to OINP mean PT notification and APR application means ePR of the federal stage which I will apply after getting Federal ITA?

Please interpret it for me. Thanks!

Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by IRCC and the receipt of the resulting application by IRCC.

Accordingly this exemption will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the APR application.

I hope that this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Re: Age relaxation policy in OINP. Please confirm!

It's always been that way. Same for ee - if you get an ITA when you are 29 but submit your app after you turn 30 they don't remove those 5 points.