+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age difference between applicant and sibling 3 months

arclite181

Jun 8, 2020
Toronto canada
Category........
STUDY
The age difference between the applicant and her brother is only 3 months. This is on official documents (id). Is this an issue for imm5669e (additional family information)? Is this a big problem and do i need to provide an explanation for this in a cover letter?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
The age difference between the applicant and her brother is only 3 months. This is on official documents (id). Is this an issue for imm5669e (additional family information)? Is this a big problem and do i need to provide an explanation for this in a cover letter?
Probably worth explaining because it’s not physically possible if they have the same mother. If in doubt, send an explanation. Worst case scenario is that IRCC doesn’t care, best case scenario is you are saving yourself time by not waiting for their request to explain this.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I don't understand, what's the problem if there's an age difference of 3 months or less ? That might be something called superfetation, and even though it's extremely rare, it's still possible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't understand, what's the problem if there's an age difference of 3 months or less ? That might be something called superfetation, and even though it's extremely rare, it's still possible.
If it's rare enough that people think it's impossible, best to explain briefly. (I've only heard of superfetation as two children born on same day but gestationally different ages but will take your word for it)

Esp if actually it's just documents in error as the comment about official docs suggests.

arclite181

Jun 8, 2020
Toronto canada
Category........
STUDY
I am thnking of not writing an explanation and leaving it be. If it comes up as problematic I can deal with it. I am just curious if this kind of issue has occurred before and if IRCC will object.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I am thnking of not writing an explanation and leaving it be. If it comes up as problematic I can deal with it. I am just curious if this kind of issue has occurred before and if IRCC will object.
We gave you a quick and guaranteed solution already. It's your decision but if I were you I wouldn't waste my time thinking and researching this further.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I doubt ircc has software checking for such anomalies or some special idea to check all such dates, so likely comes down to whether an officer notices.

But - if officer does notice and asks, your explanation will be less convincing because you didn't just explain it up front.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Best advice for any situation like this is when in doubt, add an explanation. All it takes is adding a blank sheet behind the corresponding section that’s labeled correctly with a short explanation. Save yourself time and worry later.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured