+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Again landing questions

awn

Sep 29, 2006
1. I heard that if you're carrying more than CND 10,000 you have to inform the official or you'll be a fine, so if my proof of funds require to show CND 15,000 and I brought extra cash with me, do I have to report about the cash too?

2. Residents have to wait for 3 months period to get their OHIP, how can pregnant ladies obtain medical help?

3. Any idea of reasonable health insurance company in Toronto?

4. If I don't have any goods to follow, do I still need to present the form B4a

5. Can someone arrange to have accomadation before landing, using internet?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

awn said:
1. I heard that if you're carrying more than CND 10,000 you have to inform the official or you'll be a fine, so if my proof of funds require to show CND 15,000 and I brought extra cash with me, do I have to report about the cash too?

Yes, it is no big deal, just complete the customs form E677 http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/e677/README.html

2. Residents have to wait for 3 months period to get their OHIP, how can pregnant ladies obtain medical help?

Either reside in Alberta or you have to pay for the first 3 months, the baby would be covered from birth (in-canada)

3. Any idea of reasonable health insurance company in Toronto?

Check out blue cross.

4. If I don't have any goods to follow, do I still need to present the form B4a

Only for goods accompanying the B4a is the continuation of the B4.

5. Can someone arrange to have accomadation before landing, using internet?

It might be difficult as you don't know what the property would be like or the area is suitable to your job/schooling etc.
PMM

awn

Sep 29, 2006
thanx a lot, but regarding question no. 4. I understood that there are 2 lists to be prepared, good that will accompany you and goods to follow, which if I am not wrong is related to goods shipped, right?

and I keep reading that some people take photos of Jewelry, does that include the personal Jewelry you were like rings and earings or what you carry in ur bags?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

awn said:
thanx a lot, but regarding question no. 4. I understood that there are 2 lists to be prepared, good that will accompany you and goods to follow, which if I am not wrong is related to goods shipped, right?

and I keep reading that some people take photos of Jewelry, does that include the personal Jewelry you were like rings and earings or what you carry in ur bags?
If you take a close look at the B4 see the little box that says "Goods to Follow"? If the list is for goods to follow, you check it, if they are goods that accompany you don't, pretty simple hey.

If you have valuable jewellry that you are carrying it is a very good idea to have a photo of them, which will not necessary, will save you a lot of aggravation if you take them out Canada with you and when you return try to prove to Customs that they are not a new purchase.

PMM