+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After the medical problems

Just Fred

Jul 18, 2007
My wife in the Philippines tested positive for active TB on her medical exam.
The interview and everything went well, but she had to stay there for treatment.
It turned out to be MDR-TB, so it took extra treatments. It has been 3 years.

Okay, so now she is cured and tested and the medical shows her TB negative.
The doctors have tested her, and the medical report went to the embassy in April.
This is the last piece of the puzzle, and we have really been looking forward to it.

BUT.... waiting is very hard now. How long should we expect to wait from this point?
The embassy website says processing time is 6 months from receipt of the complete package.
It has been three months since the medical, but the rest of the package was okay.
Should I really allow 6 months, or should I inquire after the status by now?

If anybody has experience in this, I would appreciate advice.

Thanks,
Fred

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Hi Fred,

Congratulations on your wife's improvement.

If the embassy's website says processing time is 6 months, you should give them that amount of time. They most likely didn't begin on the application until they received the medicals, because they had no idea when you would submit them. Does that make sense? So give them the full 6 months. It's only a short time now!

TG

lailacruz30

Apr 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also thinking that you and your wife have waited long time. A positive test just means you have been exposed at some time in your life. It doesn't mean you have the disease. If your immune system were to take a crash dive it could flare up. This is pretty to close to what the people at the clinic told you.

honeybee

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........