App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hello Everyone, I created this topic so we can all have a chance to discuss what happens after a CIC interview. Please feel free to share your experience at the interview, timeline to PPR and decision made etc. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated. thanks:)

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Hello Everyone, I created this topic so we can all have a chance to discuss what happens after a CIC interview. Please feel free to share your experience at the interview, timeline to PPR and decision made etc. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated. thanks:)
Hi I have interview next month in LA, can you please share your experience

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Did you have the interview? Mind sharing your experiences/ how it went?
Sorry for late reply. Yes i had an intereview in LA and she gave me landing papers on the same day.
It was at 8:30 am and she asked all our original documents as mention in interview letter at 8:10 am and called for interview at 8:50. Officer was lady and she took my and my husbands interview together. She said she will ask questions or any one( me or my husband) can answer. She wasn’t rude or polite in the beginning. After few questions she started talking more politely, She sais main reason for interview is she doubt in our relationship, so she will ask some questions. Some red flag that we have: We got married right after my husband got PR, and we also had long distance relationship from 7 years before we got married.
Here are list of questions she asked:

Me and my husbands name, date of birth
Marriage date, are you comfortable in taking interview in english?
Why did you have 7 years of long distance relationship before you guys married? Why did you guys not married early? Did you ever break up with your husband when you were dating?how did you manage long distance relationship for that long?
Who proposed?
How did you manage to leave apart for 10 months after your marriage?
Why did you guys only visit once after marriage?
She asked my husband where he lives and my husband said he recently bought house( at that point she started chating about house is so expensive now a days and market is high and all, at that point I almost knew she will approve), price of house
How are you communicating with your husband? How many times? What do you talk?
You and your husbands job duties, pay, my paystubs
Did you search for your job in Canada?
Why did you take one month leave for your religious ceremony in india? Did you easily get that many days off from work?
How much money you spend on religion ceremony?how many guest?
Can i seel album? ( after looking few picss)
She said i am approving your application, please come at 2:30 to collect your passport and landing papers.

My advise: she was giving enough time to prove your point. Whenever she was not satisfied with answers, she keeps asking me and my husband if we want to add anything. At that time we added as much info as we can.
There were couple of instances where she wasn’t ready to agree, but we said thats the truth: for example she wasn’t aware of indian culture at all, so she said its not possible that you guys have 1000 guest, but we explained our indian culture really well and showed her all pics and at the end she agreed.
Don’t get nervous and change answer if officer doesn’t agree, it takes time for them to know you and your culture. And be confident, they really see your face expression.

Let me know if you guys need any other info, i will be happy to help!

Adriwifey

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Sorry for late reply. Yes i had an intereview in LA and she gave me landing papers on the same day.
It was at 8:30 am and she asked all our original documents as mention in interview letter at 8:10 am and called for interview at 8:50. Officer was lady and she took my and my husbands interview together. She said she will ask questions or any one( me or my husband) can answer. She wasn’t rude or polite in the beginning. After few questions she started talking more politely, She sais main reason for interview is she doubt in our relationship, so she will ask some questions. Some red flag that we have: We got married right after my husband got PR, and we also had long distance relationship from 7 years before we got married.
Here are list of questions she asked:

Me and my husbands name, date of birth
Marriage date, are you comfortable in taking interview in english?
Why did you have 7 years of long distance relationship before you guys married? Why did you guys not married early? Did you ever break up with your husband when you were dating?how did you manage long distance relationship for that long?
Who proposed?
How did you manage to leave apart for 10 months after your marriage?
Why did you guys only visit once after marriage?
She asked my husband where he lives and my husband said he recently bought house( at that point she started chating about house is so expensive now a days and market is high and all, at that point I almost knew she will approve), price of house
How are you communicating with your husband? How many times? What do you talk?
You and your husbands job duties, pay, my paystubs
Did you search for your job in Canada?
Why did you take one month leave for your religious ceremony in india? Did you easily get that many days off from work?
How much money you spend on religion ceremony?how many guest?
Can i seel album? ( after looking few picss)
She said i am approving your application, please come at 2:30 to collect your passport and landing papers.

My advise: she was giving enough time to prove your point. Whenever she was not satisfied with answers, she keeps asking me and my husband if we want to add anything. At that time we added as much info as we can.
There were couple of instances where she wasn’t ready to agree, but we said thats the truth: for example she wasn’t aware of indian culture at all, so she said its not possible that you guys have 1000 guest, but we explained our indian culture really well and showed her all pics and at the end she agreed.
Don’t get nervous and change answer if officer doesn’t agree, it takes time for them to know you and your culture. And be confident, they really see your face expression.

Let me know if you guys need any other info, i will be happy to help!
How long after u got approved, u get called for interview?

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Like how long did u waited after u submit your application u get an email for interview?
I submitted my application on September 10, 2017, application received on oct 30, 2017 and intial interview was schedule on August 16, 2018, but they cancel 4 days ago before interview and they reschedule on September 19,2018