+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After the 6 months wait, what are options ?

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hello,

for the majority, the PPR will be on the 8th or 9th month or so, not leaving too much time to prepare to land in Canada.

I am starting this thread to discuss the options one can evaluate or request from IRCC, such as ;

Can we ask for a delay of the PPR? by how much time? if we pass a second time the medical test then normally we have another 12 months!

any opinion is welcome ...

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hello,

for the majority, the PPR will be on the 8th or 9th month or so, not leaving too much time to prepare to land in Canada.

I am starting this thread to discuss the options one can evaluate or request from IRCC, such as ;

Can we ask for a delay of the PPR? by how much time? if we pass a second time the medical test then normally we have another 12 months!

any opinion is welcome ...
IRCC normally allows reasonable time to land. They also allow 30 days to submit passports and another 30 days margin for issuance of COPR.

So in case your application takes longer to process, they will likely extend your medicals or request for a fresh medical examination.

Once COPR is issued, they don’t extend the validity unless there is a change in your family composition.

Reactions: omarion

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
I read a PPR story few days ago. An applicant at 10 months post AoR was recently invited to interview where he was asked if he could land by August (about 2 months away), he said yes and received his PPR and COPR in the same day.
You will most likely be contacted like the above case if your application was finalized too close to the 12 months mark. 8 months post AoR isn't too close enough as 4 months is adequate enough for anyone to land.

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I know also a friend who was given 5 days to land in Canada, he was so much rushed that he left the day before the expiry of his visa.

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
IRCC normally allows reasonable time to land. They also allow 30 days to submit passports and another 30 days margin for issuance of COPR.

So in case your application takes longer to process, they will likely extend your medicals or request for a fresh medical examination.

Once COPR is issued, they don’t extend the validity unless there is a change in your family composition.
So when they request for a new medical test, and you do it, submit it, how much longer you ll have to wait??

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
So when they request for a new medical test, and you do it, submit it, how much longer you ll have to wait??
A remedical is usually requested only when an application has been finalized and the officer is unable to complete the process due to expired or expiring medicals. In many cases, PPR follows shortly after new medicals have been assessed and cleared.

Reactions: omarion

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
A remedical is usually requested only when an application has been finalized and the officer is unable to complete the process due to expired or expiring medicals. In many cases, PPR follows shortly after new medicals have been assessed and cleared.
Let me teas you a little.. So you sound like ircc when you day 'shortly after'.. What is shortly.. A month? A week? A year?

But what happen then when the application is finalized 3 weeks before the expiry of medical and you will get the answer but you will not be able to land, you will submit a request to extend yr visa.. Then they will ask you to do the medical again?? Is this official way to do??

Last edited:

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Thank you for both of the answers, I just got back to check again and noticed I forgot to express my thanks,

my last message is a mess, can you please tell me if you know of any cases where the application is approved just days before the expiry of medical test ? My visa office is Ottawa, aor 21 Jan, and I should expect anything