+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hey everyone,

So I got the PPR email this morning so now I need to get new photos done.

One thing that’s confusing slightly in the email is on one place it says to send your passport and then in another it explicitly states to not send your actual passport but a copy of it instead?!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey everyone,

So I got the PPR email this morning so now I need to get new photos done.

One thing that’s confusing slightly in the email is on one place it says to send your passport and then in another it explicitly states to not send your actual passport but a copy of it instead?!
Is this what you are talking about?

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.

If yes then, this is for those who hold a US passport or countries who need an eTA to travel to Canada. This can be determined from link in the email itself.

Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html .

Joel19891

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Yes, I am a UK passport holder and UK citizens do need an eta to travel to Canada so am I to assume I just need to send a copy of my passport off?

ap299

Apr 1, 2019
Hello!
Just wanted to get a sense of when I should expect my passport.

Email from IRCC received - March 1st
Submitted to CPC Ottawa today - April 1st (long story - Canada Post lost my last passport and had to get a new one)
Expected to be received by April 4th

I sent it in using Xpresspost and included a prepaid envelope(but forgot to take a picture of the tracking number). I will need the passport as I’ll be taking an exam by April 22nd. Is it reasonable to assume it’ll get sent back by then? How do I track it now without the number or am I doomed

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello!
Just wanted to get a sense of when I should expect my passport.

Email from IRCC received - March 1st
Submitted to CPC Ottawa today - April 1st (long story - Canada Post lost my last passport and had to get a new one)
Expected to be received by April 4th

I sent it in using Xpresspost and included a prepaid envelope(but forgot to take a picture of the tracking number). I will need the passport as I’ll be taking an exam by April 22nd. Is it reasonable to assume it’ll get sent back by then? How do I track it now without the number or am I doomed
10-14 days from the day you sent. :)

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
PPR Email: Mar 28th, 2019
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Apr 8th
MyCIC status updates to approved: Waiting
Return tracker activated: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting

According to myimmitracker it might take up to 3 weeks for few people, but I am not sure if anything is wrong with my application. Should I email CPC to ask for the status ?

giot121

Apr 26, 2019
PPR Email: Mar 28th, 2019
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Apr 8th
MyCIC status updates to approved: Waiting
Return tracker activated: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting

According to myimmitracker it might take up to 3 weeks for few people, but I am not sure if anything is wrong with my application. Should I email CPC to ask for the status ?
My passport was delivered to CPC Ottawa on April 10th. No approval update yet. Return label not activated yet according to UPS.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My passport was delivered to CPC Ottawa on April 10th. No approval update yet. Return label not activated yet according to UPS.
When you say "Return label not activated yet according to UPS", do you mean the return envelope tracker?