+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

After getting my PPR email I mailed my passport and supporting documents to cic Ottawa. My documents got delivered on 6th February, and I have not received any update on my cic account status or on my return tracking, till now. I am located in USA and I am an indian citizen. Is there anyone who have similar timeline like mine? Based on the previous post it seems the processing time is 7-8 days. I hope I get some update by end of this week.

Last edited:

mongy

Feb 14, 2019
Hi all, I'll share my situation here

inland application
passport package delivered to Ottawa on Feb 5th
document status change in MyCIC on Feb 12th, presumable it's about the PR VISA
my return package tracking is not yet activated.
I am really worried if I did something wrong with the packaging, but at the same time it could be caused by the recent bad weather.

I will post updates once I have any.

Reactions: Jojo!86

delsiee

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi,

After getting my PPR email I mailed my passport and supporting documents to cic Ottawa. My documents got delivered on 6th February, and I have not received any update on my cic account status or on my return tracking, till now. I am located in USA and I am an indian citizen. Is there anyone who have similar timeline like mine? Based on the previous post it seems the processing time is 7-8 days. I hope I get some update by end of this week.
I have the same timeline as yours.
My passport got delivered on Feb 6 and Today Feb 15 (like 10 mins ago) I received an application approved email.
Looking at others timelines I was a bit worried, so I emailed them in Ottawa and they replied within 24 hours saying that they have my passport and will update the information in my application soon (got a response on Feb 13).
I come under CEC though and it depends on which class you belong to as well.

So don't worry! You will have a response from them soon.
Or you can email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I have the same timeline as yours.
My passport got delivered on Feb 6 and Today Feb 15 (like 10 mins ago) I received an application approved email.
Looking at others timelines I was a bit worried, so I emailed them in Ottawa and they replied within 24 hours saying that they have my passport and will update the information in my application soon (got a response on Feb 13).
I come under CEC though and it depends on which class you belong to as well.

So don't worry! You will have a response from them soon.
Or you can email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
I just checked my cic account and it got updated to approved! They don’t sent me any email though. Thanks for your response!!. I will update when I see notification on my return shipment.

tech2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hi all, I'll share my situation here

inland application
passport package delivered to Ottawa on Feb 5th
document status change in MyCIC on Feb 12th, presumable it's about the PR VISA
my return package tracking is not yet activated.
I am really worried if I did something wrong with the packaging, but at the same time it could be caused by the recent bad weather.

I will post updates once I have any.
I have the same dates.
Delivered - Feb 5
Approved - Feb 12
Canada post return tracker not activated yet. Kindly post if you receive any updates.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

Got my approval on 15th Feb, waiting on my return tracking update.

Based on previous feed it should get updated by tomorrow. Is there anyone waiting on return shipment tracking updates?

getstartedca

Feb 4, 2019
Got my approval on 15th Feb, waiting on my return tracking update.

Based on previous feed it should get updated by tomorrow. Is there anyone waiting on return shipment tracking updates?
I'm on the same boat. They approved the application on Feb 14th, but the return tracker has not been activated yet. Is there anything that we can do to reach out?

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm on the same boat. They approved the application on Feb 14th, but the return tracker has not been activated yet. Is there anything that we can do to reach out?
This link has information about how to contact.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html#faq

However in the faq section it is mentioned they won’t be able to give status update due to high volume and response may take 10 business days. I am still waiting on my update. It has been 2 business days from my approval date. I will wait for 1-2 days more before reaching them out. I will keep posted if I get any update.

getstartedca

Feb 4, 2019
This link has information about how to contact.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html#faq

However in the faq section it is mentioned they won’t be able to give status update due to high volume and response may take 10 business days. I am still waiting on my update. It has been 2 business days from my approval date. I will wait for 1-2 days more before reaching them out. I will keep posted if I get any update.
Thank you! I'll do the same.