+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Tried and it said “ Unable to connect to an agent due to high volume “
Try early hours, around 8 AM EST. I always do at this time, as I am on my way to work around this time and can stay on hold.

Reactions: carl321

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
It’s been almost 6 weeks for my friend
That’s actually too long for them to keep that. Did she get a chance to connect with them ?

If not, ask her to use the IRCC webform to raise a query.

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Tried and it said “ Unable to connect to an agent due to high volume “
Hi!

A good bit of advice is to call at 8am or at around 3:30pm on Thursdays. A friendly lawyer I know gave me that advice, and I've never not got through on at least the second try. I've even called after 4pm on a Thursday and got through on the first try.

Also, try using the code 2-2-2-4-0. Thats speciricslly for the CEC if I recall correctly. Hope this helps!

Reactions: carl321

Man_From_Mars

Jan 8, 2019
Hi!

A good bit of advice is to call at 8am or at around 3:30pm on Thursdays. A friendly lawyer I know gave me that advice, and I've never not got through on at least the second try. I've even called after 4pm on a Thursday and got through on the first try.

Also, try using the code 2-2-2-4-0. Thats speciricslly for the CEC if I recall correctly. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing this.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend finally managed to get hold of them (thanks to the above post)

- they closed her file saying they never received the passport
- she had already emailed them with the signature proof and tracking info
- agent was able to find the email and apologized for the delay
- they opened up an investigation at their end since CPC is not at the same place as CIC
- as soon as they locate the pp her pr will be issued and they are going to expedite this case

* good lesson learned: never trust Canada Post tracking always call and double check maybe? Also I can’t believe how a government office can misplace a pp like this !

Also should I ask her to follow up again in a week?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My friend finally managed to get hold of them (thanks to the above post)

- they closed her file saying they never received the passport
- she had already emailed them with the signature proof and tracking info
- agent was able to find the email and apologized for the delay
- they opened up an investigation at their end since CPC is not at the same place as CIC
- as soon as they locate the pp her pr will be issued and they are going to expedite this case

* good lesson learned: never trust Canada Post tracking always call and double check maybe? Also I can’t believe how a government office can misplace a pp like this !

Also should I ask her to follow up again in a week?
Thank you for sharing this! This is unbelievable on Canada Post's part. But thanks again for sharing this. Will keep an eye if there is a delay in my PPs too.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Passport sent to Ottawa - 3rd Jan. 19
Passport Received at Ottawa - 7th Jan. 19

No update ever since - neither the online account says anything nor the returning Tracking ID is activated yet. I know it's bit early to say anything, but any suggestion as to when should I start worrying?

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018

No update ever since - neither the online account says anything nor the returning Tracking ID is activated yet. I know it's bit early to say anything, but any suggestion as to when should I start worrying?
I'll post mine too

Passport Sent: January 7th, 2019
Passport Received By Ottawa: January 8th, 2019

No updates since.

Shubh777

Aug 25, 2018
Passport sent on 8th Jan 2019 and when tracked it is showing passport delivered on 10 th Jan 2019 morning(Ottawa)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

Just an update to above.

Account went APPROVED- 11th Jan 2019