+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Much easier just to go into a centre an get it stamped.. there’s one in Etobicoke.. flag poling can take longer unless you live in niagara
Oh! I live in Toronto. But, isn't it our choice to select the day whenever we want to go and do it rather than to wait for a date when landing interview can happen? Please don't get me wrong, I am not arguing. I am just honestly asking this, I am yet to receive my passport back. Just curious. :)
Actually my friend did the flag poling thing the same day he got his passport back.

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Oh! I live in Toronto. But, isn't it our choice to select the day whenever we want to go and do it rather than to wait for a date when landing interview can happen? Please don't get me wrong, I am not arguing. I am just honestly asking this, I am yet to receive my passport back. Just curious. :)
Actually my friend did the flag poling thing the same day he got his passport back.
Flag polling is like going to US border and they will reject entry , just worried it will be a black mark if you want to travel US in future. Does your friend has Us visa?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Flag polling is like going to US border and they will reject entry , just worried it will be a black mark if you want to travel US in future. Does your friend has Us visa?
No he didn't have US visa.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Is there any there any specific days of the week for landing? Funds proof?
People do it on weekends as well. But it's more crowded on weekends compared to weekdays. As far as I remember, he didn't take anything except his COPR, passport and WP. He left at 7 PM and was back around 2 AM. He also went from Toronto.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do flag poling for sure if you prefer that. I also think you have 30 or 60days after you get your copr?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-in-toronto-etobicoke-office.415618/

Reactions: myra20sharma

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend is really worried.. she applied for her PR in August got PPA request in November and send the passport right away with all the docs.. haven’t heard anything back since November and her work needs her to travel but without a passport she’s helpless. Tried calling CIC and it’s impossible to get thru and holidays didn’t help. Is there anything she can do? She also doesn’t want to piss them off. She knows that everything happened fast except for getting her copr and still withinh the processing time. But worried she will have to find another job coz she can’t travel and her company really wants her to travel. Any help would be much appreciated

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My friend is really worried.. she applied for her PR in August got PPA request in November and send the passport right away with all the docs.. haven’t heard anything back since November and her work needs her to travel but without a passport she’s helpless. Tried calling CIC and it’s impossible to get thru and holidays didn’t help. Is there anything she can do? She also doesn’t want to piss them off. She knows that everything happened fast except for getting her copr and still withinh the processing time. But worried she will have to find another job coz she can’t travel and her company really wants her to travel. Any help would be much appreciated
That's strange! How did she send them? Is she able to track them? Have the documents, atleast, reached CIC or are still in transit?
Also, ask her to check her online account/ emails. Sometimes CIC requests photos again.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's strange! How did she send them? Is she able to track them? Have the documents, atleast, reached CIC or are still in transit?
Also, ask her to check her online account/ emails. Sometimes CIC requests photos again.
Ya she sent them in November and we tracked in Canada post someone signed for it so it received at CIC.. no updates on the portal.. no emails or messages.. does anyone know how to call them? Every time we try it says that the lines are too busy and no one really answer

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I always call below number and get connect in my first attempt.
Please see the steps :)

By phone
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Prepare to wait on hold for some time. Try calling early in the morning or use a speakerphone. For your records, write down the date and time you called, the agent’s name, and the exact information they provide.

Source - Google

Princess Ayat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
After decision made If main applicant interview for landing is scheduled but dependents which are living outside from Canada and still waiting for ppr when they should expect for passport request? Someone pls reply

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Ya she sent them in November and we tracked in Canada post someone signed for it so it received at CIC.. no updates on the portal.. no emails or messages.. does anyone know how to call them? Every time we try it says that the lines are too busy and no one really answer

By phone
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Prepare to wait on hold for some time. Try calling early in the morning or use a speakerphone. For your records, write down the date and time you called, the agent’s name, and the exact information they provide.

Source - Google

Reactions: carl321

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@Juk11 , my passport reached Ottawa today, when can I expect it back, my friend? :)

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

By phone

Source - Google
Tried and it said “ Unable to connect to an agent due to high volume “