+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
@mindblowz I'm looking forward to hearing about your landing experience!

Does anyone know if it's still possible to cross and come back at Niagara falls or Fort Erie? Is it still restricted to three days a week?

FYI- I do have a US visa, but December flights are all so expensive. Just wanted to know the risks involved with flag-poling.

Thanks!

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
My new photo reached Ottawa on 3rd December but still no update on application or post tracking.
Anyone received recently?

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Close call, but lucky you made it! I have until December 21, so I assume 3 weeks should be long enough for them to check my stuff & send me COPR :)
finally became a landed immigrant last week on the 4th, renewed my old SIN number with permanent one and got my landed immigrant papers processed at the pearson airport as i landed. There wasnt too much wait time. Got the health card application done in service canada next day in toronto, bay and college. Best of luck to everyone waiting for the golden letter.

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Application is updated as approved but return post tracking is not activated.
Anyone with same status?

Sartajgill

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys, I received my PPR on 4th December and I sent my passport to Ottawa on the 6th. It says it was delivered on the 11th December. Still no update from CIC yet. My passport is expiring on the 20th June which is just over 6 months. It’s getting me concerned

Last edited:

Leechau

Dec 15, 2018
“If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide a return prepaid envelope from any other private courier, we will return your passport by regular mail. Please note that our office is not responsible for any items lost in the mail”
Does this mean we are not supposed to provide return from private courier?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Question - Do I need to fill Annex A, while sending Passports, for just myself (Primary Applicant) or for both myself and my Spouse (Secondary applicant) too?

Princess Ayat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
What is the procedure of submitting passports after application is approved. Bcz main applicant is inland while dependents are not living in canada.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I received my PPR on 4th December and I sent my passport to Ottawa on the 6th. It says it was delivered on the 11th December. Still no update from CIC yet. My passport is expiring on the 20th June which is just over 6 months. It’s getting me concerned
Hi my friend is in the same boat, she sent her passport on November 19 it was delivered on the 24 and no updates yet. She had to email cic and tried calling them but they don’t seem to answer the phone (busy or too many calls?) and now she has no option other than to wait. We checked with some friends and they said it’s possibly due to the holiday period. Please let me know if you get an update thanks

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All!

I have sent my passport yesterday. How long is it taking these days to get it back?

Thanks
Myra

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone received landing interview scheduled?
Hey, why did you book an interview, could we not exit Canada thru Niagara and enter back? That's easier, isn't it?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, why did you book an interview, could we not exit Canada thru Niagara and enter back? That's easier, isn't it?
Much easier just to go into a centre an get it stamped.. there’s one in Etobicoke.. flag poling can take longer unless you live in niagara