+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
That's around 2 weeks! So, I shouldn't send mine now. That too with Canada Post to be the only option.
Two weeks because the strike was ongoing then. Doesn't necessarily mean that it will take 2 weeks now.

The strike officially ended at noon yesterday, because the senate has passed the bill to end it. Delivery can take as little as three days now.

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Two weeks because the strike was ongoing then. Doesn't mean that it will take 2 weeks now.

The strike is officially over due to a bill passed by the senate. It can take as little as three days now.
I understand that but I was still little hesitant because I was reading about the continual delays even after the strike is over because now employees are doing something called non-violent civil disobedience. And moreover, the backlog is still there. And I am flying India for holidays on 8th December and would be returning on New Years day. So, only option I have is to request extension for time to submit my passport when I am back :(

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
I sent my documents on the 24th, and as far as I know, it's still in Calgary. Canada post keeps postponing the delivery date. It initially would have been the 29th (tomorrow), now it's on the 4th (next Tuesday). I hope they won't keep changing this any further...

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
I understand that but I was still little hesitant because I was reading about the continual delays even after the strike is over because now employees are doing something called non-violent civil disobedience. And moreover, the backlog is still there. And I am flying India for holidays on 8th December and would be returning on New Years day. So, only option I have is to request extension for time to submit my passport when I am back :(
Ah, I see...

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?
Not quite, well i still haven't received my passport. I called Canada Post again to ask when it would be delivered... They said "The strike is recently over, but there is big backlog that we are trying to deliver. Therefore you should still expect delays." Her educated guess was that i would receive my passport Thursday.
Sad thing is that, its in Toronto yet it's being processed. No updates on the app...
I would say expect delays, if you receive it sooner it great, if not you were prepared for it.

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
I sent my documents on the 24th, and as far as I know, it's still in Calgary. Canada post keeps postponing the delivery date. It initially would have been the 29th (tomorrow), now it's on the 4th (next Tuesday). I hope they won't keep changing this any further...
Calgary seemed to be one of the worst effected places from the Canada Post strike. I bought something from ebay last week. It is still in Calgary with expedited shipping. Apparently because of the backlog, there are still delays and your expedited shipping will not be shipped as fast as you would hope. These are the words that canada post representative used to describe the problem. Hope it helps

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Calgary seemed to be one of the worst effected places from the Canada Post strike. I bought something from ebay last week. It is still in Calgary with expedited shipping. Apparently because of the backlog, there are still delays and your expedited shipping will not be shipped as fast as you would hope. These are the words that canada post representative used to describe the problem. Hope it helps
Well, I was assuming it would arrive next week, but I just got the email that it's already delivered! So maybe I got lucky :). As I forgot to take a picture of my return envelope, I can only hope it'll be as fast :p

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
I received my passport yesterday. Leaving for vacation for few days and coming back as landed immigrant. Good luck to everyone!
Close call, but lucky you made it! I have until December 21, so I assume 3 weeks should be long enough for them to check my stuff & send me COPR :)