+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

mechraj

Dec 7, 2017
Country of residence -USA
Passport Delivered to CPC-Ottawa - 6 November (UPS)
Approved/Counterfoil/Document Number created - 29 Nov
Return tracker activation (DHL) - pending..

email sent twice for status but no response yet.

Just wanted to know, do we need to schedule a pickup or courier service visits on regular basis to pickup?
Tried calling to customer care but gets disconnected after selecting some options ,before reaching agent.

Last edited:

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

Request for passport: 6th Nov
Sent: 7th
Received by IRCC: 8th
Approved status: Dec 2nd
Still no word on when I will actually get it back- return mail not activated yet. I try calling but so hard to get through to anyone. I emailed them they said they pretty much cannot do anything for me- I need to travel on the 13th.... No idea what do do....
Did ur return tracker got activated?

pdey

Apr 4, 2017
Passport Delivered to CPC-Ottawa - 22nd November (UPS).
Looks like its taking at least 3 weeks just to get approved. :(

Last edited:

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Did ur return tracker got activated?

nope.... they are absolutely of no help. because my application was delivered more than 4 weeks ago the call centre agent sent a note to CPC yesterday evening to speed it up. but tracker still not active. i called again and they are not helping..... i leave in less than 6 days :(

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
nope.... they are absolutely of no help. because my application was delivered more than 4 weeks ago the call centre agent sent a note to CPC yesterday evening to speed it up. but tracker still not active. i called again and they are not helping..... i leave in less than 6 days :(
Did u ask agent, that can u pick ur passport from Ottawa? If u live somewhere nearby like Toronto. Because it seems very worrying now, only 6 days left for ur travel as u mentioned.

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi :)

do you have any updates??

I was trying to call them this morning but unsuccessful (
Same reply, Nothing yet! Calling them shouldn't be a pblm much.. just choose proper option and then type all ur details immediately after the option and wait for the agent almost upto 40-50 mins..if u delay in entering ur details or do mistakes repeatedly,the call is getting disconnected.

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Same reply, Nothing yet! Calling them shouldn't be a pblm much.. just choose proper option and then type all ur details immediately after the option and wait for the agent almost upto 40-50 mins..if u delay in entering ur details or do mistakes repeatedly,the call is getting disconnected.
call at 7am. it works. i didnt have to wait at all this morning. dial 2-3-0 on the keypad once connected

mechraj

Dec 7, 2017
call at 7am. it works. i didnt have to wait at all this morning. dial 2-3-0 on the keypad once connected
Is there any number to reach from USA to CPC-Ottawa? I tried these numbers 1888-242-2100 &
1-613-944-4000 but no success

LuisBR

Dec 8, 2017
CEC-PR Application

AOR: June 28
Passport Request: Nov 6
Passport Sent: Nov 7
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: Nov 8
Status changed to approved: Waiting
Tracker activated: Waiting

It has been 4 weeks now since they received my passport.

Before getting PPR, CIC requested RCMP check (It was not requested when I initially applied), and Travel History form.

I have tickets to travel out of Canada on Dec 22. I hope I get my passport by then.

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
CEC-PR Application

AOR: June 28
Passport Request: Nov 6
Passport Sent: Nov 7
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: Nov 8
Status changed to approved: Waiting
Tracker activated: Waiting

It has been 4 weeks now since they received my passport.

Before getting PPR, CIC requested RCMP check (It was not requested when I initially applied), and Travel History form.

I have tickets to travel out of Canada on Dec 22. I hope I get my passport by then.
My passport was delivered same day. Its been over 4 weeks you need to call and escalate with them. They will do it for you since its past 4 weeks.

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
So are the taking more than a month on an average? My passport was received by CIC on Nov 17th. Any chances that I will receive it in December?

Also does anyone know if it is possible that after doing my landing, I can travel to India and bring my family here? Or will I have to wait for getting the PR card before I can travel?