+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Dec 4, 2017
Hey, everyone. My passport was delivered by them NOV10. My status was updated NOV28, so it’s approved now, my tracking number doesn’t activated yet. I have a flight DEC14. I’m in panic. What’s your suggestions? Thank you!

SBP8385

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Either You can call me on 9825075930 i guid you or you give me your no i will call you. i applied in federal stage 18.10.2016. i am waiting DM and PPR.

nanok

Nov 21, 2017
Hey, everyone. My passport was delivered by them NOV10. My status was updated NOV28, so it’s approved now, my tracking number doesn’t activated yet. I have a flight DEC14. I’m in panic. What’s your suggestions? Thank you!
Hello Julia,
I am actually headed out on Saturday and I am still without a passport in hand.
I am in a little bit of the same boat. I submitted my passport to them on 1st Nov (got there on the 2nd). i had emailed them on the 3rd of Novemeber expressing the fact that I am traveling. They approved my visa on the 23rd of November. I got an email this morning stating that they shipped my passport today(and would probably thus get to me in time).

I would suggest reaching out to them by email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with [URGENT] in the subject and explain you situation. I would also suggest calling them between 0656 hrs and 0710 hrs EST (outside that period, I have had little luck reaching out to them) at 1-888-242-2100

nanok

Nov 21, 2017
Status changed to approved on November 24, 2017
After not really hearing anything from them, today I got an email from an agent at CPC-Ottawa saying that they shipped my passport today. Curiously, the tracking number the agent provided is different form the envelope I sent them.
I am still shitting bricks as I got a flight to catch on Saturday and on Monday, I still don't have my passport. But, everything looks like it is going to work out in time. This has probably been the most stressful to-and-fro with CIC of the 8 years I have been dealing with them. That being said, I sent in my application for PR on September 8th and am likely getting my passport stamped on December 8th so a 3 month period in total from application to stamped passport in hand isn't bad at all.

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi there,
Are u CEC inland ? Did u send ur actual passports?

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Hi,
I sent my passports to CIC Ottawa on Nov 9 and they received it on Nov 10.
There isn't any update on my application till date.
After looking at all above replies, I'm Hoping that I get my passports back in December first week.
We have travel plans in end of December.

I submitted my passport around the same time as you- any word?

Reactions: maddyavula

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
CEC
ITA: August 2, 2017
AOR: September 8, 2017
PPR received: October 31, 2017
Passport received by CIC: November 2, 2017
No CIC updates to date

Called IRCC call center on November 21st, 2017. Was told that passport is in the printing room (since November 16th) and is expected to be approved on MyCIC by November 30th

Got a flight on the 8th of December, so fingers crossed.
im in a similar situation as you- have you received your passport?

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Applied: September 28th
Passport Request: October 28th
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: November 31st
Status changed to approved: November 17th
Tracker activated: N/A

How long does is take to get the passport back? I have a flight coming soon and I have tried to contact them through phone and web form but nothing seems to work!
how long did it take for your return tracker to activate? my application was approved 4 days ago and mine is not activated yet :(

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Passport Request: October 27th
Passport Sent: Nov 1
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: November Nov 3
Status changed to approved: November 23th
Tracker activated: N/A

Traveling on Dec 20th..any idea how much more I have to wait? Please help
have you received it yet?

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017

I'm in the same situation! any update on your application?

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

Request for passport: 6th Nov
Sent: 7th
Received by IRCC: 8th
Approved status: Dec 2nd
Still no word on when I will actually get it back- return mail not activated yet. I try calling but so hard to get through to anyone. I emailed them they said they pretty much cannot do anything for me- I need to travel on the 13th.... No idea what do do....