+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

rupekuma019

Nov 29, 2017
HI Friends,
Have sent my passports to CIC (Ottawa) on Nov18 for PR stamping, it was received by them by Nov 21. But since then there is no response, have also written to email ID provided by them in the email they sent asking us to send the passports...there is no update online in the application, still shows under process...the return tracking number is not activated either!
Can anyone please suggest on the timeline, have sent it from US.

is there any number where I can call to find out?

Rgds

Barca

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
HI Friends,
Have sent my passports to CIC (Ottawa) on Nov18 for PR stamping, it was received by them by Nov 21. But since then there is no response, have also written to email ID provided by them in the email they sent asking us to send the passports...there is no update online in the application, still shows under process...the return tracking number is not activated either!

Rgds
Check this for more inforamtion

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-cpc-ottawa-november-2017.527144/

Reactions: rupekuma019

ankit2906

Nov 16, 2017
HI Friends,

Rgds
I guess you should check the old post here it takes 3 weeks to get passport back so relax till mid December

Reactions: rupekuma019

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
Hello Friends,

My case ::

PPR :: Nov 14
Passports Sent :: Nov 21
Passports Recvd :: Nov 22

I have a few queries.. will be glad if anyone can answer them..
  1. How long will it take to get the passports back.I am currently located in US.
  2. Are we going to get the PR Cards along with the passports or will they be sent separately.
  3. Which tracker is everyone talking about.
Regards

VictorN

Nov 21, 2017
Hello Friends,

My case ::

PPR :: Nov 14
Passports Sent :: Nov 21
Passports Recvd :: Nov 22

I have a few queries.. will be glad if anyone can answer them..
  1. How long will it take to get the passports back.I am currently located in US.
  2. Are we going to get the PR Cards along with the passports or will they be sent separately.
  3. Which tracker is everyone talking about.
Regards
1. It's taking from 4-6 weeks to get your passport back.
2. You only "apply" for your PR card once you do your landing.
3. The tracker we're talking about is the tracking number of the return envelope with our passports. It's common practice to send a pre-paid envelope inside along with your passports so you can track it when it's coming back to you.

Reactions: DelhiUSCanada

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
1. It's taking from 4-6 weeks to get your passport back.
2. You only "apply" for your PR card once you do your landing.
3. The tracker we're talking about is the tracking number of the return envelope with our passports. It's common practice to send a pre-paid envelope inside along with your passports so you can track it when it's coming back to you.
Thanks VictorN for the quick reply...

AURY

Dec 1, 2017
I received a tracking number from Vfs Nairobi but it doesn't work at all
can I get some help on how I can track it

Rick60

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-09-2017
AOR Received.
November 4, 2017.
File Transfer...
Soon In Sha Allah
Guys I am a September applicant, and you all have sent your passports (Congratulations!!) . So I thought it was just right to ask you guys about the little query I had. At which address did you guys received your passports? Your mailing address or the address (other than your mailing address) from which you sent it at the first place? Thank you

Rick60

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-09-2017
AOR Received.
November 4, 2017.
File Transfer...
Soon In Sha Allah
Guys I am a September applicant, and you all have sent your passports (Congratulations!!) . So I thought it was just right to ask you guys about the little query I had. At which address did you guys received your passports? Your mailing address or the address (other than your mailing address) from which you sent it at the first place? Thank you

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
My situation is a bit interesting. My tracking number was activated on Dec 1st, but my page was not update as of today! Has it happened to anyone?

Ps: sorry if there are previous comment about this same issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Request for documents received on 27th October
Passport copies, photos, and address form sent on 30th October (we're from the USA)
Passport copies, photos, and address form delivered on 31st October per Canada post tracker
Status updated on the portal on 14th November
Trackling number on return envelope activated 15th November
We received our COPR (landing documents) on November 16th and landed at the Ft. Erie border crossing CBSA office the next day, on November 17th. We are permanent residents of Canada! :D

Thank you SO much to everyone on this forum who has helped us over the past several months, and thank you to everyone who just by sharing your own experiences have provided invaluable data to the rest of us waiting and hoping on pins and needles for our own day to come.

If anyone is interested in hearing more about our adventures as new Canadians, I've been keeping a blog that I call Partly Cloudy With a Chance of Moose. I might not be on this forum much anymore, but feel free to say hello over there if you like. Good luck everyone! :)