+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

VictorN

Nov 21, 2017
I just got my application approved on CIC.
My passport was received by them on November 1st.
Tracking number not activated yet.

nanok

Nov 21, 2017
Status changed to approved on November 24, 2017

CEC
ITA: August 2, 2017
AOR: September 8, 2017
PPR received: October 31, 2017
Passport received by CIC: November 2, 2017
No CIC updates to date

Called IRCC call center on November 21st, 2017. Was told that passport is in the printing room (since November 16th) and is expected to be approved on MyCIC by November 30th

Got a flight on the 8th of December, so fingers crossed.

VARUN_HII

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
does anyone know if the expiry date on PR card is or not same as expiry date of passport

or

it has nothing to do with expiry of passport, it is 5 yrs straight

Gounik

Nov 20, 2017
hello everyone,

so i called cic today regarding passport stamping, the lady at the customer service did provided me an input on my application which cic received 4 weeks ago. she told me that my passport haven`t even stamped yet despite Cic have it for 4 weeks. while on the call she already send an email to processing department and said that it should be dispatched within 3 to 5 days.

So guys if you have send your passport to Ottawa office do give customer service a call & explain your situation and advise them to take some action on it.

Its really frustrating how Cic functions. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Thanks
Yes they are so frustrating... my husband sent on 24 october and still no news ....i am in india and i got on 2 november but i cant travel until my husband get his passport.....my husband called them and they were so rude to him and said they dont lnow what stamping mean is .... is there any way to get information about passport stamping.... PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks

Honeyb2010

Nov 19, 2017
Yes, 6 weeks and 2 days so far
Yes they are so frustrating... my husband sent on 24 october and still no news ....i am in india and i got on 2 november but i cant travel until my husband get his passport.....my husband called them and they were so rude to him and said they dont lnow what stamping mean is .... is there any way to get information about passport stamping.... PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks
exact same thing happened with me, the lady told me that my passport is not even stamped yet and cic have it from more than 5 weeks, and she said she will put a reminder on and also mentioned that they are supposed to response to that reminder in 90 days,

Reactions: Gounik

Gounik

Nov 20, 2017
Its approved now and shipped yayyyyyy

Gounik

Nov 20, 2017
exact same thing happened with me, the lady told me that my passport is not even stamped yet and cic have it from more than 5 weeks, and she said she will put a reminder on and also mentioned that they are supposed to response to that reminder in 90 days,
Mine approved and shipped

Reactions: Honeyb2010

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
I send out my passport on Oct 26. Cic received it on oct 27. Application approved on November 16. Cic mailed out ppt November 24. Rightnow, ppt is in transit and at a local facility where they sort out mail, but not exactly at canada post local location. I just called canada post they it is inside your city but can't collect ppt today.