+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

ankit2906

Nov 16, 2017
There's a an option to check the status of your application. Once you enter the number of your application, you dial 0 to speak to someone and they'll direct you.
I guess you didn't read his question properly..when we dial 0 than only call disconnect because of high volume

VictorN

Nov 21, 2017
I guess you didn't read his question properly..when we dial 0 than only call disconnect because of high volume
That's the thing, my impression is that depending on the options you dial before pressing 0, it might redirect you or not. When I called yesterday, I tried dialing 2 first (to get information about PR), got disconnected 3 times then I tried checking the status of my application (dialed 1) and I was able to get through after dialing 0, but I had a 40min wait. Keep trying folks.

AAzzzzzz

Oct 5, 2017
AOrR: June 15
PPR: Oct 25
Passport Sent: Nov 1
Passport delivered: Nov 3

As per automated CIC application status this morning - application approved but Canada post tracker still N/A

Any idea how long it will take for me to receive my passport back from CIC?

Help please

Last edited:
Reactions: nilesh2016

VictorN

Nov 21, 2017

As per automated CIC application status this morning - application approved but Canada post tracker still N/A

Help please
You should get your passport by next week most likely (if you're in Canada).

Reactions: AAzzzzzz

nilesh2016

May 14, 2017

Help please

Congratulations!!, it takes a week time for visa stamping as per forum discussions

French

Feb 6, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kelci, I am sponshoring my husband to come to Canada. He is from Iran but has applied from Cyprus. Our application is at the VO in Rome, Italy.

We applied in June 2016
Our medicals were requested in Nov 2016
The vise office has just sent me a request for his passport
and current police record Nov 20, 2017.
but no decision has been made yet on his application.
his eligibility is completed, does anyone have any idea how much longer we should expect
to wait?

We are getting a little anxious...
Thanks

MANN2014

Jan 7, 2016
hello everyone,

so i called cic today regarding passport stamping, the lady at the customer service did provided me an input on my application which cic received 4 weeks ago. she told me that my passport haven`t even stamped yet despite Cic have it for 4 weeks. while on the call she already send an email to processing department and said that it should be dispatched within 3 to 5 days.

So guys if you have send your passport to Ottawa office do give customer service a call & explain your situation and advise them to take some action on it.

Its really frustrating how Cic functions. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Thanks

Poojaharsh

Nov 22, 2017
hey, i hv send my passport and its been reached on 16 th octomber at Bangluru still i dn received it aftr stamping ........how much it take for the stamping and return the passport?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
hey, i hv send my passport and its been reached on 16 th octomber at Bangluru still i dn received it aftr stamping ........how much it take for the stamping and return the passport?
Do they process the visa from India or is it sent to Abu Dhabi Embassy for stamping ?