+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hey guys! New to the forum. Got a couple of questions here!
1. I live in Toronto on a work visa. I sent my passport along with my CoPR on the 26th of Sept and it was received on the 28th. I haven't heard anything back on my tracking or the application. Any help to think what the ETA would be?
2. My passport has 4 blank pages in the middle of the booklet (officials all around the world thought it would be fun to stamp just 1 a page!) but these pages aren't one after the other. Although Ive seen no indication in the CIC website that it would be an issue, im scared that my passport might be rejected.
Im going on an educational leave on Nov 10th and need my passport ASAP!
Anyone else going through these problems?
What do you mean you send the COPR along with the passport ? COPR is what you get after your visa is approved.And you should be getting an update soon, did you try calling them ? If you have an emergency travel requirement, you can email them with your travel itenary and ticket copies asking to expedite the process. Considering 28th of Sept delivery date, you should receive it before the November 10th travel dates.

4 blank pages should be fine as far as I know.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
What do you mean you send the COPR along with the passport ? COPR is what you get after your visa is approved.And you should be getting an update soon, did you try calling them ? If you have an emergency travel requirement, you can email them with your travel itenary and ticket copies asking to expedite the process. Considering 28th of Sept delivery date, you should receive it before the November 10th travel dates.

4 blank pages should be fine as far as I know.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

Hi,

i submitted my passport on Sept. 22nd i haven't got any update till today.

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I've got PPR on Sept 13th, sent passport Sept 15th, Canada post tracker has confirmed delivered Sept 18th in Ottawa.

Question: My CIC account haven't changed ever since. It still says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is it normal? Even my PPR, I've got from an email and my account has never said anything about it.

Thank you

Tahir Ijaz

Oct 13, 2017
Hi,

I've got PPR on Sept 13th, sent passport Sept 15th, Canada post tracker has confirmed delivered Sept 18th in Ottawa.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is it normal? Even my PPR, I've got from an email and my account has never said anything about it.

Thank you
I sent my passport on 18 September 2017, they received on 20 September. To date i havent received any communication from them. Also, the status in my profile has not changed yet.

Can any one tell me how to track the application.?

Also, i heard that they normally do not update the profile in real times. For those who received their passports stamped from CIC, has their profile been updated to approved status or it is still showing the same?

Please keep posting the status here.

Regards
Tahir

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi,

Thank you
There will not be any changes to your account indicating PPR mail. once your application is approved your status might change ( has seen both cases though ). you should give them a call to check your status, they might have it already approved and not sent it out. your timeline suggests that.

Reactions: diegohr

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
I sent my passport on 18 September 2017, they received on 20 September. To date i havent received any communication from them. Also, the status in my profile has not changed yet.

Can any one tell me how to track the application.?

Also, i heard that they normally do not update the profile in real times. For those who received their passports stamped from CIC, has their profile been updated to approved status or it is still showing the same?

Please keep posting the status here.

Regards
Tahir
Same thing as above Tahir, they might have already approved your application , try giving them a call. CIC sometimes doesn't update your profile and they have a tendency to delay sending the passports out sometimes.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017

diegohr

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

Thank you
[UPDATE]

I've just checked my account and now is saying: "Final decision made / Your application was approved."
Now, I'm gonna keep my eyes on Canada Post tracker to see when they will send my passport back. I let you guys know as soon as I have any update.

Thanks everyone

Reactions: ivampjr

glk

Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I received my PPR on Oct 6, sent my passport on Oct 7, CIC Ottawa reformer it on October 10.

Any idea when I will get my passport back?

Thanks

legend_dream

May 28, 2013
I got Passport Request on October 2, 2017 and I sent my passport on October 12, they received it on October 13. Praying to get it back ASAP

Arnie123

Oct 16, 2017
[UPDATE]

I've just checked my account and now is saying: "Final decision made / Your application was approved."
Now, I'm gonna keep my eyes on Canada Post tracker to see when they will send my passport back. I let you guys know as soon as I have any update.

Thanks everyone
Does that mean its taking almost a month to get processed from the time the Passport is reaching Ottawa-PR Centre?

I got PPR on 29th Sept, Sent Passport on 2nd OCT and was received by OTTAWA-PR on 4th OCT....Still no update....

aana16

Sep 28, 2017
Hello
Cic received my passport 21 sep --
Please keep posting whenever you receive or your returning tracker will activate !
My tracking activated today. Was so glad to see the status..no change or email in cic account.

This loooong wait hopefully going to end now. Details below
CIC received Sept 12th. I am in Us

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys! My spouse is my dependent and after the PPR I wrote CIC to change her VO from CPC-Ottawa to NDVO so that she can submit her passport at VFS in India. Next day I received the email from CIC with all my details and instructions to submit the passports at the nearest VO but to my surprise, nowhere any details of my spouse were mentioned on that email. Anyways I forwarded the same email to my spouse. I submitted my passport here in Canada and my spouse in India and it got delivered on 4th Oct at both Ottawa and New Delhi but none of us have received any updates yet. As per the Immitracker, it should come this week or by next week for me here in Canada. But I'm worried about my spouse NDVO usually processes the visa within a week. But in her case, it's almost 14 days. Did anyone face the same situation like ours? I'm unable to understand the reason for the delay in stamping the visa on the passport. Your kind reply will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hey guys! My spouse is my dependent and after the PPR I wrote CIC to change her VO from CPC-Ottawa to NDVO so that she can submit her passport at VFS in India. Next day I received the email from CIC with all my details and instructions to submit the passports at the nearest VO but to my surprise, nowhere any details of my spouse were mentioned on that email. Anyways I forwarded the same email to my spouse. I submitted my passport here in Canada and my spouse in India and it got delivered on 4th Oct at both Ottawa and New Delhi but none of us have received any updates yet. As per the Immitracker, it should come this week or by next week for me here in Canada. But I'm worried about my spouse NDVO usually processes the visa within a week. But in her case, it's almost 14 days. Did anyone face the same situation like ours? I'm unable to understand the reason for the delay in stamping the visa on the passport. Your kind reply will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Why the delay is, no idea about it. CPC-Ottawa is taking time around i guess 15-20 Business Days. Dont know what they are doing. Even mine is with Ottawa. Dont know when will receive it back.
Sorry but no clue about NDVO.

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Why the delay is, no idea about it. CPC-Ottawa is taking time around i guess 15-20 Business Days. Dont know what they are doing. Even mine is with Ottawa. Dont know when will receive it back.
Sorry but no clue about NDVO.
Ya, it's taking time...May I ask when did your passport got delivered in Ottawa?