+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

sand08

Dec 19, 2017
My COPR was received on November 18th.
I am currently in the US and sent the passport from here to Ottawa
Passport was received by them on November 21st
I haven't received any updates and my tracker is not activated yet
Like most people I have travel plans for New Years and have a flight booked for the 29th of December
I'm quite nervous now about receiving the passport in time.... Anyone in a similar situation?

pdey

Apr 4, 2017
Like most people I have travel plans for New Years and have a flight booked for the 29th of December
I'm quite nervous now about receiving the passport in time.... Anyone in a similar situation?
I am in the same boat. CPC Ottawa received my passport on Nov 22nd. No update yet. I have already cancelled my India travel plan.

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
Did you receive any message in your EE account or just the status changed to approved? I haven't received any message yet, but the account says, see message below. I am confused what's going on.
I didnt get any message... only the status changed to approved...

Reactions: M4MBA

sand08

Dec 19, 2017
Just got approved last night! (December 19th)

Does anyone know how long they take for the passport to delivered from Ottawa to the USA? Really want to be able to make it for the travel on the 29th :(

mila_sokol

Sep 15, 2017
I received my PPR December 19th
Sent my passport tp Ottawa December 20th...
Hoping to receive my passport and COPR back in one month. I am in Canada.

lilyreyhan

Dec 21, 2017
Mine is not back yet and I’m worried

lilyreyhan

Dec 21, 2017
Hi,

I submitted my passport for study permit on Dec 4th to the office in Turkey. I had to cancele my flight ticket. I have not yet received any updates. Anyone here with the same situation? Does anybody know how long it would take to stamp the passport? Thanks

haroldtres

Dec 21, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question that I have not seen yet. Suppose the following scenario:

A person applying for Canada PR through express entry who currently holds two passports (USA & Switzerland). Person currently resides and lives in USA (lived, grew up, got degree from USA). If he gets an ITA and is all good and now has to send in his passport for the Canada visa, can he say he wants the visa on his Switzerland Passport?

liema

Jul 16, 2017
Just got approved last night! (December 19th)

Does anyone know how long they take for the passport to delivered from Ottawa to the USA? Really want to be able to make it for the travel on the 29th :(
did you try calling their support line? try that if you haven't

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question that I have not seen yet. Suppose the following scenario:

A person applying for Canada PR through express entry who currently holds two passports (USA & Switzerland). Person currently resides and lives in USA (lived, grew up, got degree from USA). If he gets an ITA and is all good and now has to send in his passport for the Canada visa, can he say he wants the visa on his Switzerland Passport?
Yours is a trick situation and talking to attorney would be the best option.
But in my opinion, you would need to submit the passport for the country whose citizenship you declared in your application... As I said earlier that's just my opinion and not a legal opinion. Better would be that you talk to a attorney for the final answer...

DelhiUSCanada

Aug 6, 2017
Hey guys.. did anyone get their return trackers activated recently... Just trying to analyze the time taken to get the return trackers activated after getting approvals.

sand08

Dec 19, 2017
did you try calling their support line? try that if you haven't
What is their support line number? I thought there was no number and only an e-mail for people in the US. I just want to know the status - whether it's been posted yet or not

shantanu1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I got my ppr Request but right now i m traveling . Is there any way i can request to extend my 30 days period. As i know we can email them what are the posibility to get extenstion ? Please reply

Rosa Rose

Jun 21, 2017
Same here. waiting to get passport return from SVO.. Which they email me that my visa is ready...