+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After remarriage do i need to present the divorce certificate

Akki2015

May 26, 2018
No, your divorce is not legally recognized in India.

You need to be divorced as per The Muslim Marriage Act i.e. a judicial divorce. A divorce/talaqnama issued by a Qazi will not be recognized by IRCC
I already applied in the court for divorce decree however judge dismiss n said marriage is already dissolved so no need to issue the divorce decree... Will you plz tell me the further steps in this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I already applied in the court for divorce decree however judge dismiss n said marriage is already dissolved so no need to issue the divorce decree... Will you plz tell me the further steps in this.
Very strange.

If that is indeed the case then you would need to include copies of the divorce petition which you had filed before a competent court of law (not the Qazi document) + a court certified copy of the judicial order that states the judge dismissed your divorce petition because your Qazi divorce is legally recognized by the court under The Muslim Marriage Act and/or under The Muslim Personal Law

Akki2015

May 26, 2018
Very strange.

If that is indeed the case then you would need to include copies of the divorce petition which you had filed before a competent court of law (not the Qazi document) + a court certified copy of the judicial order that states the judge dismissed your divorce petition because your Qazi divorce is legally recognized by the court under The Muslim Marriage Act and/or under The Muslim Personal Law
Alrite...
Shall i show you that document.. May be u get the actual idea after that

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alrite...
Shall i show you that document.. May be u get the actual idea after that
I recommend you discuss the court order with a lawyer who specializes in matrimonial disputes.

Divorces under The Muslim Personal Law have been a very contentious issue. You would want to submit a legally recognized divorce decree for your PR application

Reactions: Schehrazade

Akki2015

May 26, 2018
I recommend you discuss the court order with a lawyer who specializes in matrimonial disputes.

Divorces under The Muslim Personal Law have been a very contentious issue. You would want to submit a legally recognized divorce decree for your PR application
That means anyhow i required divorce decree

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
That means anyhow i required divorce decree
Yes that’s required. Only a legal document will be accepted. Feel free to include the qazi documents as well but that will not be enough on its own.

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
Hi Akki2015,

Can you please let me know the process on how you received the Divorce Decree or Divorce certificate from an India court
OR
IRCC accepted your talaaqnaama without the Divorce Decree of Certificate.

I am in a similar situation and wanted some guidance.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
Hi Akki2015,

Can you please let me know the process on how you received the Divorce Decree or Divorce certificate from an India court
OR
IRCC accepted your talaaqnaama without the Divorce Decree of Certificate.

I am in a similar situation and wanted some guidance.

Any input will be highly appreciated.
Hello Sir/Madam, any update on your application status ?

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
Hello Sir/Madam, any update on your application status ?
No Luck man. We only submitted translated copy of talaaqnama and High-court's petition. Havent heard anything yet whether its acceptable to CIC or not as thigns seems to be delayed due to Covid. What is your situation?

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
No Luck man. We only submitted translated copy of talaaqnama and High-court's petition. Havent heard anything yet whether its acceptable to CIC or not as thigns seems to be delayed due to Covid. What is your situation?
Same here, because of covid don't have certificate and application is adjourned in court due to lockdown. I will submit deed and petion filed copy