+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After receiving COPR for myself and wife, how do I add dependent newborn child ?

murphy1988

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

My wife and I are Indian citizens currently living in the US.
We applied for PR under Express Entry program in November 2018.
We received Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the first week of April 2019.
Along with COPR, we also got Canada visa stamped on our passports.
Canada visa validity/expiry: September 16, 2019, which is hardly 2 months from now.

Now, during the 2nd week of April, 2019, we were blessed with a child.
We have been in a dilemma as to what must be done regarding the application since we were not able to add the dependent child to my Express Entry profile because the application had already received a final decision.
Moreover we have just received our child's passport (July 20, 2019).

I have already tried contacting via email, but no response there.

Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow?
  2. Do I have to get a medical examination completed for the baby?
  3. What would be the additional fee associated ?
  4. Since the baby is a US citizen, do we need to send the baby's US passport for further processing or just a photocopy would suffice?
  5. What is the additional fee associated with this change?
  6. I have heard that once the final decision is made, it would be impossible to add a member of family to the application. Is this true ? Then what about people in my situation ?
  7. Can my wife and I travel to Canada without any process done for our baby and get the PR card formalities completed and later on do the processing for the baby? Are we going to be allowed to proceed at Canada immigration in this scenario ?
  8. ....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to add you child to your PR application before you land or else you can never sponsor them in the future.

murphy1988

Jul 21, 2019
You have to add you child to your PR application before you land or else you can never sponsor them in the future.
Thanks for the swift response!
How do I add the child to the profile?
The profile is locked since final decision has already been made.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to send CSE indicating that you need to add a family member. You will have to submit documents for your child and the child will have to do a medical. Expect a delay of 3-4 months when it comes to your landing.

murphy1988

Jul 21, 2019
You have to send CSE indicating that you need to add a family member. You will have to submit documents for your child and the child will have to do a medical. Expect a delay of 3-4 months when it comes to your landing.
  1. What is "CSE" ?
  2. In the COPR, it is mentioned that the validity can not be extended under any circumstances. So, I will have to land in Canada on/before Sept 16, 2019 (~ 2 months from now). Can I make it ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My wife and I are Indian citizens currently living in the US.
We applied for PR under Express Entry program in November 2018.
We received Confirmation of Permanent Residence in the first week of April 2019.
Along with COPR, we also got Canada visa stamped on our passports.
Canada visa validity/expiry: September 16, 2019, which is hardly 2 months from now.

Now, during the 2nd week of April, 2019, we were blessed with a child.
We have been in a dilemma as to what must be done regarding the application since we were not able to add the dependent child to my Express Entry profile because the application had already received a final decision.
Moreover we have just received our child's passport (July 20, 2019).

I have already tried contacting via email, but no response there.

Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow?
  2. Do I have to get a medical examination completed for the baby?
  3. What would be the additional fee associated ?
  4. Since the baby is a US citizen, do we need to send the baby's US passport for further processing or just a photocopy would suffice?
  5. What is the additional fee associated with this change?
  6. I have heard that once the final decision is made, it would be impossible to add a member of family to the application. Is this true ? Then what about people in my situation ?
  7. Can my wife and I travel to Canada without any process done for our baby and get the PR card formalities completed and later on do the processing for the baby? Are we going to be allowed to proceed at Canada immigration in this scenario ?
  8. ....
1. Send a Webform.

2. Yes.

3. $150.

4. Photocopy.

6. No, not true.

7. NO. You MUST add the child before landing.

1. What is "CSE" ?
  2. In the COPR, it is mentioned that the validity can not be extended under any circumstances. So, I will have to land in Canada on/before Sept 16, 2019 (~ 2 months from now). Can I make it ?
1. Webform.

2. If the processing goes beyond that date, IRCC will either extend your medical or request a new one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  1. What is "CSE" ?
Case specific enquiry. On the COPR it should also say you must update us about any changes in your health or family composition. COPR expiry date will change because you have to submit new information.

murphy1988

Jul 21, 2019
Thanks guys.. the advise was spot on..
I raised a CSE, got a response, paid the fee, got the medical exam done, awaiting the medical certificate following which I will submit all the other documents they have requested

Forms
1. Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008
2. Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406.

Documents
1. Copy of your child’s birth certificate;
2. Copy of your child’s valid passport*; * Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
3. Medical Certificate

If your child is aged 18 or older:
1. A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your child;
2. A completed and signed Additional Family Information IMM 5406 by your child;
3. A completed Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E.
4. Police Certificate

Reactions: saabg

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
I raised a CSE, got a response, paid the fee, got the medical exam done, awaiting the medical certificate following which I will submit all the other documents they have requested

Forms

Documents
2. Copy of your child’s valid passport*; * Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s).
3. Medical Certificate

1. A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your child;
4. Police Certificate
Hi @murphy1988

Need your help as My situation is bit similar to yours.
At the time of applying for express entry my family includes me( main applicant), my wife and my daughter( both non accompanying)
My son born in jan 2022
In feb got passport request mail which also states that i should inform ircc if any changes in family composition.
So i have raised a webform informing about my newly born son aling with birth certificate.
After one week sent my passport as requested.
In march I got my passport stamped aling with copr which only states my wife name and my daughter name only. My son’s name is not mentioned on it….
Now bit confused
Should i fly to canada on my current copr as i have already informed ircc about my new son.
Or
Should i do anything else….

surighanta

Aug 26, 2022

Forms

Documents
3. Medical Certificate

4. Police Certificate
Thanks for the information!
How long did it take to complete the process from the day you sent webform ?

Can the primary applicant travel alone after initiating this process for new born baby ?

praghia25@

Sep 19, 2022

Forms

Documents
3. Medical Certificate

4. Police Certificate
Hi..We got our COPR but we did not submit the passport yet as our child was not yet added to our application. We have submitted our child's passport, new proof of funds, birth certificate and raised a CSE. However we have not got request to do the child's medical yet nor got any response on our CSE. Its already been more than 3 months since we raised the request and now our medical will be expiring next month. Did you do an upfront medical? How much tiime it took for the authorities to request the document?

praghia25@

Sep 19, 2022
Not getting any response on CSE. We are waiting for a request to do our kids medical but not received it yet. Already more than 3 months. Please advise

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not getting any response on CSE. We are waiting for a request to do our kids medical but not received it yet. Already more than 3 months. Please advise
Unfortunately there are backlogs. Yes technically you could do an upfront medical. If you are close to the 1 year mark and relatively young IRCC often waives the requirement to do another medical but your window for landing will be relatively short not many months.