+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After receiving approval how long it takes to receive the passport back?

ecedolu

Apr 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

I am going to Canada (hopefully:D) on 9/9/19.

I am currently living in the States and holding a F-1 Student Visa in OPT program. I applied for Canadian tourist visa (temporary residency) and my timeline is :

Passport Request - March 28, 2019
Correspondence Letter - March 29, 2019

I sent my passport to Canada (Ottawa)- on March 28 and they received it next day on the 29th of March.
They also updated my account as "your application was approved" on April 4th.

In this case, I am just wondering how long would it take for them to dispatch my original passport? They say that processing time for online applications is 14 days. So should I start counting 14 days from the day they received my documents, which is March 29th, or from the account update day, that is April 4th?

The reason why I am asking because I have a ticket to go to Spain on May 3rd and I have to also get Schengen Visa from Spanish Consulate soon and I started getting really worried as I didn't hear about my passport yet from Canada.. I know the fact that they're very busy, and maybe I should not get worried yet but I am.. I would very much like to catch my other visa appointment in Chicago which I could delay to April 15th for now...
Crossing my fingers and can't wait to hear good news from Canada as well as I would appreciate for some of the experienced people's advice on this website. Hope I can make it to the Spanish visa appointment and receive my passport back with visa-stamp safe & sound sometime soon...
Thanks a lot.