+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After PR application handed in through MPNP

VISACFen

Jul 13, 2016
Hello guys.

Could you guys help me with my situation? I'm so confused.

I got MPNP and I mailed my PR application in late June. Now I hold a open work permit which is a spousal one.

My question is can I leave my job now? Or even change it?

I went to MPNP office they said yes and it won't hurt the PR application. I called CIC they said they don't care the job. But just now I've seen someone here said it will cause delay. I'm so confused.

Also, can I leave Canada for a month or two if I quit my job?

THANK YOU in advance. I'm so depressed. :-[

IT IS POSSIBLE

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
VISACFen said:
Hello guys.

Could you guys help me with my situation? I'm so confused.

I got MPNP and I mailed my PR application in late June. Now I hold a open work permit which is a spousal one.

My question is can I leave my job now? Or even change it?

I went to MPNP office they said yes and it won't hurt the PR application. I called CIC they said they don't care the job. But just now I've seen someone here said it will cause delay. I'm so confused.

Also, can I leave Canada for a month or two if I quit my job?

THANK YOU in advance. I'm so depressed. :-[
You may wish to direct your inquiry to http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-applicants-to-cicaccra-t67510.0.html
you will lot of experience hands to attend to you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
VISACFen said:
:( :( :( :(

No one can answer this simple questions?
You already answered it yourself.

VISACFen said:
...My question is can I leave my job now? Or even change it?

I went to MPNP office they said yes and it won't hurt the PR application....
Maybe the example you saw that was delayed was because the PR application was based on an LMIA, closed work permit, or a PNP with a job offer. Since MPNP already told you there will be no delays in YOUR case, and you have an open work permit anyway, then you shouldn't worry.

You can leave Canada any time as you wish. You will also have the option to send your passport in your home country if you get your PPR letter while you are there.

VISACFen

Jul 13, 2016
bellaluna said:
You already answered it yourself.

Maybe the example you saw that was delayed was because the PR application was based on an LMIA, closed work permit, or a PNP with a job offer. Since MPNP already told you there will be no delays in YOUR case, and you have an open work permit anyway, then you shouldn't worry.

You can leave Canada any time as you wish. You will also have the option to send your passport in your home country if you get your PPR letter while you are there.
Thanks a lot!

I'm now thinking if I can stop working and go studying. Do you know if that's possible for me?

Can I be away from Canada for 2 months?

Sorry for my English. It's always like I'm very rude.