+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After PPR passport submssion extension

rajsethi71

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hello,

I am currently in IP2 stage and expecting PPR soon.
CEC inland
But i am traveling to India on 25th oct and will be back on 1st dec.

I have heard that they take 4-5 weeks from sending passport to receiving it back with visa on it.
But i am leaving after 21 days.

So what can be solution for this problem.

TIA

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
Hello,

I am currently in IP2 stage and expecting PPR soon.
CEC inland
But i am traveling to India on 25th oct and will be back on 1st dec.

I have heard that they take 4-5 weeks from sending passport to receiving it back with visa on it.
But i am leaving after 21 days.

So what can be solution for this problem.

TIA
In the PPR request email, they include an email address and ask you to contact them immediately if you are unable to send your passport within 30 days. You can use that to let them know. Keep in mind that this will further delay your application.

rajsethi71

Star Member
May 21, 2017
In the PPR request email, they include an email address and ask you to contact them immediately if you are unable to send your passport within 30 days. You can use that to let them know. Keep in mind that this will further delay your application.
but is there any way that i can request them for expedited processing and get it before i leave

mmartz1

Jun 22, 2017
but is there any way that i can request them for expedited processing and get it before i leave
Unfortunately, there is no way to "speed up" things. You just have to wait until you get the PPR email. If you talk to an agent, they will probably tell you that there is no guarantee that you will be getting a PPR (PPR is sent once your application has been approved by a visa office, they want your passport to print the PR visa and to send you the COPR). I think you just have to wait until you get your PPR email. If they include an email address asking you to contact them if you are unable to send your passport within 30 days, it's because they are expecting some people to be in situations like yours, so i think you'll be fine. Just wait and once you get it, let them know right away. They will get back to you with further instructions.

Reactions: junascent

rajsethi71

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Unfortunately, there is no way to "speed up" things. You just have to wait until you get the PPR email. If you talk to an agent, they will probably tell you that there is no guarantee that you will be getting a PPR (PPR is sent once your application has been approved by a visa office, they want your passport to print the PR visa and to send you the COPR). I think you just have to wait until you get your PPR email. If they include an email address asking you to contact them if you are unable to send your passport within 30 days, it's because they are expecting some people to be in situations like yours, so i think you'll be fine. Just wait and once you get it, let them know right away. They will get back to you with further instructions.
sounds good

thank you