i have a question after PR from PNP category can I move other province

is there any bad effect when I will apply citizenship

please advice

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no rules stating that you have to stay forever in your PNP province. However, if you gain PNP with the intent on moving to another province after you get PR, they could accuse you of misrepresentation.

In order to avoid the possibility of that happening, you should at least not let it look like you were planning on moving when you landed as a PR so you should in any case land in your PNP province and stay there for a few months.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Leon said:
There are no rules stating that you have to stay forever in your PNP province. However, if you gain PNP with the intent on moving to another province after you get PR, they could accuse you of misrepresentation.

In order to avoid the possibility of that happening, you should at least not let it look like you were planning on moving when you landed as a PR so you should in any case land in your PNP province and stay there for a few months.
Hi thanks for reply

So if I stay 6-9 months the Provence I get nominated and PR
Then if I move is it risk free

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
Hi thanks for reply

So if I stay 6-9 months the Provence I get nominated and PR
Then if I move is it risk free
You need to stay for a few months AFTER getting PR to make it risk free. You don't want anybody to be able to say that because you moved days or weeks after getting your PR that you must have been planning to move when you landed. If it were obvious that you already had plans to move when you landed as a PR, they could accuse you of misrepresentation. Not that they necessarily would but they could.

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
hi leon thanks for your time and reply

i have one question to you:

in forum i have seen some people says at landing time CBS officer said to stay 3 year at nominated province
although people don't really maintain they may move other province later on

so now if i got pr from SK ( sinp ) but later on move to BC ( any time i go to holiday to home country , when i will be back can CBS officer charge me that why you are living BC you should live SK ) = this is just example or senario really need your answer please Leon

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINP 2014 PNP said:
hi leon thanks for your time and reply

i have one question to you:

in forum i have seen some people says at landing time CBS officer said to stay 3 year at nominated province
although people don't really maintain they may move other province later on

so now if i got pr from SK ( sinp ) but later on move to BC ( any time i go to holiday to home country , when i will be back can CBS officer charge me that why you are living BC you should live SK ) = this is just example or senario really need your answer please Leon
He already answered your question. You are free to move and live anywhere after you become a PR. It's up to you if you wanna stay for few weeks or months to avoid questioning your original intent but you don't have to do that either.