Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
Hi everyone, I'm really glad this forum exists because it's so helpful with confusing immigration issues.

I have 2 subjects to ask about which are related to each other. We are sponsoring my parents from Ireland. The application went in January this year..2015.

My dad has some pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes,gout and he takes blood thinners. How much will this effect our sponsorship application?
My second question is: after my parents arrive in Canada under the sponsorship will the be covered under OHIP?

Thank you and I appreciate any information :D

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Becky2012 said:
My dad has some pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes,gout and he takes blood thinners. How much will this effect our sponsorship application?
He will need to do a medical exam and will need to pass the excessive demand criteria. This means if CIC calculates his medical conditions will cost the Canadian healthcare system more than a certain amount (around $6,500 per year), then he will be rejected which means neither parent will be approved for PR.

However if there is an excessive demand issue CIC will give you the chance to counter it and provide your own evidence he won't be an excessive demand.

My second question is: after my parents arrive in Canada under the sponsorship will the be covered under OHIP?
Yes, after being approved and arriving as PR, he will need to go through a 3-month waiting period and then will have access to OHIP.

Of course PGP app just received in 2015 will probably take 4-5 years or so to complete.

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
Thank you for your response. Very helpful. I'm thinking that the super visa would be a good idea in the meantime but my Dad would have to pass a medical for that too so I guess I can try it and see if they get approved.
I wish the wait time wasn't so long for PGP sponsorship. It's not fair to people who are in their late 70's!!

Anyway..thanks again for the info.