+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After online citizenship test...

Alexxu

Mar 19, 2021
Hi all, I have few questions about my situation and looking for some advise if you can help.

1. After few days of my online test, I received an online interview email from CIC instead of official results(I am sure I passed 18/20, auto email received right after the test). CIC asked me to attend the online interview with bringing my documents and my 2 piece ID. Is this a normal step?
2. Also I received the request of additional document as well which ask me to provide my passport pages(’Colour copies of all pages from the every passport within your relevant period must be submitted’). Does it mean I haven to scan all the pages of my passport or just the stamps and bio page?
3. When I applied for the citizenship, I was working but I got laid off coz COVID-19 recently. Should I send CIC email to update my application and also will my temporary unemployment will impact my citizenship?

Thank you in advance my friends.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I have few questions about my situation and looking for some advise if you can help.

1. After few days of my online test, I received an online interview email from CIC instead of official results(I am sure I passed 18/20, auto email received right after the test). CIC asked me to attend the online interview with bringing my documents and my 2 piece ID. Is this a normal step?
2. Also I received the request of additional document as well which ask me to provide my passport pages(’Colour copies of all pages from the every passport within your relevant period must be submitted’). Does it mean I haven to scan all the pages of my passport or just the stamps and bio page?
3. When I applied for the citizenship, I was working but I got laid off coz COVID-19 recently. Should I send CIC email to update my application and also will my temporary unemployment will impact my citizenship?

1- yes just keep all the original documents handy which you submitted with your application

2-all pages

3- i don't think you have to inform them

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
1- yes just keep all the original documents handy which you submitted with your application

2-all pages

3- i don't think you have to inform the

Thanks for this information is really helpful. I got the same request from IRCC, Please do you know if i should includes photocopies of residence permit of other countries (I didn't provide this information with my application) or just Canadian visa and all passport page? Thank you.

Last edited:

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017

I got the same email from IRCC, how was the interview any updates? Thank you.

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
How many days after you did the online test, you received a request for an interview?

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
I got the same email from IRCC, how was the interview any updates? Thank you.
How many days after you did the online test, you received a request for an interview?

Reactions: Alexxu

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Hello,
I did my citizenship test on 16th May 2021 and passed with 19 out of 20 questions correctly answered.

I successfully uploaded a photo of myself and my ID using a laptop webcam. My laptop webcam was working well. However, when i started my test it suddenly popped up on the screen that my webcam is not detected, and then the test closed. After that, I clicked the link again and sign in again. Then I saw my webcam light turned on bright which is an indication that my webcam is on. However, I did not see my video on the laptop screen while I was doing my test. I thought it was ok and I continued with the test and submitted it. Also, I did not get any warning for the webcam not working or not detected.

After some time my husband also attempted the test on the same laptop. He told me later that his video while doing the test was showing the whole time during the test.

Now I am worried if the webcam was working fine when i was doing my test.

My last date for attempting the test is until 19th May 2021. I am not sure if i am good or should i try attempt again before 19 or should wait and see. I already sent IRCC email yesterday but got no reply yet.
something similar happened to me. My camera did not work and i was asked to do the test again (around a week later). This retest was done over Microsoft Teams and one-on-one with an IRCC agent.

If there was something wrong with your test, IRCC will def let you know and give you the next steps.

Reactions: jboyrush

Alexxu

Mar 19, 2021
I received my test request on Feb 28th——Interview request on Mar 18th——Interviewed on April 9th—— May 17th received email about Oath will take place on May 31.

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
I received my test request on Feb 28th——Interview request on Mar 18th——Interviewed on April 9th—— May 17th received email about Oath will take place on May 31.
Thanks for your reply & congratulations on your oath invitation.