+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Oath....

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
mrdrs: Congratulations! For the oath day, just follow the instructions in your invitation letter... After the oath I got my Canadian passport and applied to nexus. But these things are very personal, depending on your individual situation.
thank you so much, montrealia... that's my plan, after 2 days, i'll apply for our passport right away... how about during the ceremony, I saw a news that the citizenship of the man was ripped off during the oath taking bcoz he's not reciting the oath and not raising his right hand... any one aware of this incident?

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
mrdrs said:
thank you so much, montrealia... that's my plan, after 2 days, i'll apply for our passport right away... how about during the ceremony, I saw a news that the citizenship of the man was ripped off during the oath taking bcoz he's not reciting the oath and not raising his right hand... any one aware of this incident?
I read about that too.

In my ceremony they stressed several times that we had to recite the oath and they had CIC people walking around during the oath who where supposedly making sure that everyone of us was reciting the oath. If you follow the instructions you won't have anything to worry about.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
I read about that too.

In my ceremony they stressed several times that we had to recite the oath and they had CIC people walking around during the oath who where supposedly making sure that everyone of us was reciting the oath. If you follow the instructions you won't have anything to worry about.
do you need to say it load after the presiding officer? are they(CIC people) realy going around and look for those who are not reciting it?

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
mrdrs said:
do you need to say it load after the presiding officer? are they(CIC people) realy going around and look for those who are not reciting it?
In my ceremony, the answer to both your questions is yes. I'm not sure how efficient the CIC people were at checking the crowd (to be honest, it seems to depend on whether you're sitting in the middle of the row or in some corner), but they did walk around during the oath.

I was sitting in a corner, so I was quite aware of this constant checking, to the point that I did the oath in both languages. The judge said that we could do the oath in one of the languages or in both. I had originally planned to do the oath in English, but then I got nervous about the possibility that I'd get into trouble if they didn't see me saying the oath in French. So I went with both French and English.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
In my ceremony, the answer to both your questions is yes. I'm not sure how efficient the CIC people were at checking the crowd (to be honest, it seems to depend on whether you're sitting in the middle of the row or in some corner), but they did walk around during the oath.

I was sitting in a corner, so I was quite aware of this constant checking, to the point that I did the oath in both languages. The judge said that we could do the oath in one of the languages or in both. I had originally planned to do the oath in English, but then I got nervous about the possibility that I'd get into trouble if they didn't see me saying the oath in French. So I went with both French and English.
wow... then i should start reading the french version then... ;) thank you so much, montrealia... so, where was your first destination with the canadian passport? except US ofcourse... :p

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
mrdrs said:
wow... then i should start reading the french version then... ;) thank you so much, montrealia... so, where was your first destination with the canadian passport? except US ofcourse... :p
They give you the words written, so there is no need for you to memorize anything! (But of course, you may want to look at it beforehand and make sure you understand what you'll be saying!)

I haven't used my passport yet :) My first destination will be the US, I travel fairly often for work.

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
They give you the words written, so there is no need for you to memorize anything! (But of course, you may want to look at it beforehand and make sure you understand what you'll be saying!)

I haven't used my passport yet :) My first destination will be the US, I travel fairly often for work.
oh... me too, never been to US but they said it will be a common place once u have ur canadian passport... some says plan to go to Europe...

mrdrs

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helloooo!!!

Officially... I'm a Canadian now...

The oath taking ceremony last monday was so great... short & straight forward (less than 2 hrs.) but meaningfull... it's the screening of documents and the picture taking that makes it longer...

The Judge asked each of the oath takers to state their names, one at a time (even my 6 & 8 yr old kids)... that's great so everyone will have the chance to speak and to realy speak during the oath taking...

CIC took our PR Cards... returned our Landing Papers and gave us the Certificate of Citizenship...
next step: Canadian Passport... money again...

just sharing... ;D