+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After LMIA, may i leave job after PR approval or wait till to get PR card

rajp10

Mar 27, 2021
Hi , I am about get positive LMIA with in 1 month, as soon as I get LMIA I am going apply for permanent residency file under Canadian experience class(express entry), so after getting PR with help of 50 points of LMIA, can I leave my job after PR approval or have to wait till I get my PR card which takes usually 4-5 months after PR approval?

And one more question, when I applied for my PR under LMIA and my file in process, before getting PR approval can I go to India for 1.5 months after my employer approve my vacation, or I need to get PR approval and then after I can go india?

Thanks in advance

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi , I am about get positive LMIA with in 1 month, as soon as I get LMIA I am going apply for permanent residency file under Canadian experience class(express entry), so after getting PR with help of 50 points of LMIA, can I leave my job after PR approval or have to wait till I get my PR card which takes usually 4-5 months after PR approval?

And one more question, when I applied for my PR under LMIA and my file in process, before getting PR approval can I go to India for 1.5 months after my employer approve my vacation, or I need to get PR approval and then after I can go india?

Thanks in advance

Hello Rajp10,

Return to Canada before PR: If your Work permit is Valid , IMO you can surely return back. to Canada

Travel before or After PR : it is completely your choice, but remember the Landing procedures, either you can leave the border and enter as a PR (I heard it as a Flagpole entry- Many will do, they cross US-border and reenter Canada as a PR), Take an appointment with CBSA and do a Landing at the Office, Depart by Flight to other country and fly back in to complete landing procedures. Now your choice how you would prefer to travel for landing. If flying then you can take the leave you are talking about once you got the COPR and Land back as a PR with all your privilege's.

if you plan to leave the country and come back to complete Landing procedures then you would be Spending 1000+ extra dollars for the trip, if you leave and come back before becoming PR. Here again it is up to your Urgency to travel and financial situation.

About leaving a Job: Never ever leave a Job until you have other one ready. or Keep the Job at least till you become PR Officially (You will be officially PR only once your COPR is Stamped).

If your job is your source of income I would recommend you not to leave it until you obtain Official PR documents stamped.

All the suggestions are with my experience and opinion, may not be satisfying. do more research if you need. Always think before you act.

Wish you Good luck

Reactions: rajp10

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks in advance
If you using your job to qualify for PR I would not suggest going on an unpaid vacation. If your job offers 6 weeks of paid travel time then that would be less of an issue.

Reactions: rajp10