Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I was wondering if anyone would like to share what life was like after The Big Landing. We wait with great anticipation for months or even years to get the visa or for our spouse to get the visa but life after landing isn't always easy. Life in Canada with our family is definitely amazing an wonderful but it can be a big adjustment. Anyone willing to share about life after "Decision Made?".

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
My husband has been with me here since May, but unable to work. It has been a financial hardship trying to support two people on my income.
We got our COPR and went to the border a few days later. There was a glitch in the computer system and it took 2 days for us to complete the landing, after a lot of phone calls and harassing the officers.

Right now we are looking for work for him. We just signed the lease of a new apartment in a town where he has a better chance of finding a job. And life moves forward...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
sariss said:
My husband has been with me here since May, but unable to work. It has been a financial hardship trying to support two people on my income.
We got our COPR and went to the border a few days later. There was a glitch in the computer system and it took 2 days for us to complete the landing, after a lot of phone calls and harassing the officers.

Right now we are looking for work for him. We just signed the lease of a new apartment in a town where he has a better chance of finding a job. And life moves forward...
Financial hardship can cause a lot of strain on a relationship! Sorry about such a rough landing but I am glad your husband finally has his PR and is able to work. The news said that job openings will increase in the new year so that is good.

My husband landed in August. We took 6 weeks off to adjust and settle in (I hadn't lived in Canada since I was 17) and then he started looking for work. Then he decided it was the right time to do a career change and we are excited about that but it is hard to break into a new field. Things are looking up but he still doesn't have a permanent full time job and we had no idea it would take this long.

Has your husband used one of the employment centres? Here in Ontario there are quite a few and the two that he has worked with have been very helpful.

bilbol11

Nov 1, 2011
canadiangirl78 said:
Financial hardship can cause a lot of strain on a relationship! Sorry about such a rough landing but I am glad your husband finally has his PR and is able to work. The news said that job openings will increase in the new year so that is good.

My husband landed in August. We took 6 weeks off to adjust and settle in (I hadn't lived in Canada since I was 17) and then he started looking for work. Then he decided it was the right time to do a career change and we are excited about that but it is hard to break into a new field. Things are looking up but he still doesn't have a permanent full time job and we had no idea it would take this long.

Has your husband used one of the employment centres? Here in Ontario there are quite a few and the two that he has worked with have been very helpful.
ihave been here a couple of weeks ago and i have a social number so where i have to go to get a job i can speak 3 languages frensh english and arabic

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
If you're in Ontario - northern lights employment centre is great.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
The town we live in has an employment centre and he has a mentor thankfully. We have put out 25 applications/resumes and hope to hear good news soon!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
It does take time. Another route is volunteering. Just gaining that experience can help you get a job. Also try temp agencies.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
finding a job this time of year will be very difficult. The New Year looks pretty good for Canada. Hang in there, be persistant, and you will find.

Aquaviva21

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Kenya
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI,KENYA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
31-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
Around December 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-may-2012
LANDED..........
Soon hopefully before October 2012
I have been here since August.i have been employed since then.i only worked one month as a sales telemarketing being the only choice but I quit it because it was too much pressure on me.bow again I'm jobless it's so tough but there is no shortcut.i am attending some workshops to assist me with job because its different how you do things back home.here I Canada it's different so guys Ig ya coming to Canada don't waste time just do English classes and the workshops for Jon with patient and it will be all good.unfortualtey I hav no single friend so if ya are coming to Canada I wouldnt mind having a friend

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Hubby got a job! It seems like its just part time to start but its better than nothing!!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
My wife landed nov 27th and she already was doing voluntary work in an immigrant woman integration center since she got her OWP last fall.
They finally hired her for a 6 months contract starting in january 2013.
Finally some money and self estime back for her, it might just be a low waged job compared to what she should get in the future with her level of education and experience, but that will help in any case.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
sariss said:
Hubby got a job! It seems like its just part time to start but its better than nothing!!
It doesn't matter - any kind of employment is a huge achievement! Congrats!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
vinlander said:
My wife landed nov 27th and she already was doing voluntary work in an immigrant woman integration center since she got her OWP last fall.
They finally hired her for a 6 months contract starting in january 2013.
Finally some money and self estime back for her, it might just be a low waged job compared to what she should get in the future with her level of education and experience, but that will help in any case.
It is a start! It is frustrating to have to start at the bottom but it will be worth it.

Tipha

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna (principle applicant)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012 (rec. 22-May-2012)
AOR Received.
27-August-2012 Vienna
File Transfer...
12-July-2012
Med's Done....
02-March-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
19-Sep-2012 (rec. 27-Sep-2012)
LANDED..........
09-Nov-2012
I landed almost 2 months ago, we got me my SIN pretty fast and i applied since then to a lot of jobs! Right before Christmas and i never expected it, since its usually difficult before the holidays, i got a job interview but still waiting on getting an appointment with them......But at least it pushed a bit of my confidence, cause if you apply to a lot and nothing happens it can get you down. At least we dont have a lot pressure on us money wise, cause we live with his parents right now and its ok for me to not yet earn money and i still have some money to last for a while that i brought with me. Still we hope to move out soon and that can only happen when i got a job, so i have a big motivation, even though i get along well with his parents, its nicer to have your own place of course.
If i wouldnt find anything the next 2-3 months, i would try for sure volunteering or an agency.

flyonthewall

Aug 20, 2012
Bummed to hear of everyones negative experiences... seems we are some of the lucky ones.

I am Canadian, we sponsored my American husband. Our application was processed faster than most (we've been together for 12 years and he is a born US Citizen). I was expecting more of the landing. But it really was "no big deal." The lady looked at his COPR, stamped it, made him sign it, and that was that. Easy peasy.

I was more excited than him. He hasn't had to look for a job since he can work for his US based company from Canada. He will start looking for one soon. He has obtained a credit card in Canada, his SIN number, and I'm signing him up for MSP now. Lucky for him, he has very little to do but enjoy the benefits of a type-a wife. We had bought a condo together a year and a bit ago, with some help from my parents since he has no credit here. So I can't say we have struggled there, either.

I'll update when the job hunt happens, but he's a skilled worker, so chances are it wont be that tough for him.