+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after ITA, change spouse status.

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my ITA on 16nov.
before I enter express entry, I do submit my spouse info for extra 10ish points for spouse additional work experiences.
my total point with LMIA with spouse=988 points

but in the post ITA process,
there were some mistake in my before ITA info regarding to my spouse's noc code.
My lawyer suggest to delete the spouse working experiences due to this issue.
and put spouse's working experiences only in personal history section. delete the working history section/so points become 0
That way, I am still qualify for 981 points without my spouse working experiences.
anyone has advise regarding this changes?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If you're FSW then make sure you are still above 67 points after the change :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

2 - If so (or if you're CEC) then do what the lawyer says and also write a LOE regarding the change. You'll be fine if you do this.

Cheers ;)

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
kk1988 said:
before I enter express entry, I do submit my spouse info for extra 10ish points for spouse additional work experiences.

there were some mistake in my before ITA info regarding to my spouse's noc code.
and put spouse's working experiences only in personal history section. delete the working history section/so points become 0
That way, I am still qualify for 981 points without my spouse working experiences.
Where do you see the points post ITA? is while submitting the application? can we even see if our points change by making changes to our application post ITA? please advise. Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kk1988 said:

It's OK - it will not have any impact on your eligibility.

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
americandesimd said:
Where do you see the points post ITA? is while submitting the application? can we even see if our points change by making changes to our application post ITA? please advise. Thanks.
I calculate by myself and my lawyer.
system wouldn't tell.