+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After how reasonably long should I be able to see my initial PR card case status?

randomking

May 30, 2018
Hi all,

I have arrived in Canada on 10th May 2018 on PR status. I applied for my initial PR card from the airport itself. After confirming my PR card application, the airport immigration officials said it would take roughly 2.5 months to get the PR card to the address I have given them. Now one month has finished after I applied for the PR card. I checked for my initial PR card status in the "Check your application status" tool with my name, dob and COPR/UCI number and nothing showed up. The message says the case might not be visible since they might have received the application but still not have begun processing it.

So my question is this: how long is a reasonable wait time (roughly) after which my case is expected to show up in the "Check your application status" online tool: 45 days, 60 days? Because I need some sort of confirmation that my initial PR card request is being processed. Also if my case is visible I would like to change the address where I want my PR card be received.

aizacastillo

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

I have arrived in Canada on 10th May 2018 on PR status. I applied for my initial PR card from the airport itself. After confirming my PR card application, the airport immigration officials said it would take roughly 2.5 months to get the PR card to the address I have given them. Now one month has finished after I applied for the PR card. I checked for my initial PR card status in the "Check your application status" tool with my name, dob and COPR/UCI number and nothing showed up. The message says the case might not be visible since they might have received the application but still not have begun processing it.

So my question is this: how long is a reasonable wait time (roughly) after which my case is expected to show up in the "Check your application status" online tool: 45 days, 60 days? Because I need some sort of confirmation that my initial PR card request is being processed. Also if my case is visible I would like to change the address where I want my PR card be received.
Based on my experience, it didn't show on that "Check your application status" tool. I think it is not applicable for new PR cards. What I did after waiting for almost 50 days, I linked my application in my GCkey account, the one you used for PR application. There is an option there that you can link an application. All you have to do is enter the details that is required (Name, UCI, Date of birth etc.). You can choose which parameters do you want in order to find your application. Then it will show that an application with your name is in the system then you have to link it. From there you can see the status of your PR card application. It will show that it is under process. Then when it's approved you will receive a message that your document is valid and it will show the expiry date of the card. Then you just have to wait for it on the mail. for me it took almost 70 days before I received it. The processing time really varies.

Reactions: TheRedKnight

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
hello friends
how are you.
i read many posts here. this forum is very helpful for everyone.
so i need your guidance. i got my PR.Now i'm planning to land in Canada. well my question is i'm a principle applicant and my husband sponsored me. so if i land alone in Canada before expiration date, as my husband will not here at the time of my landing. because he went at his home country for few months to sort out some family issues, and my visa is near to expire.
is it compulsory for me that my husband should receive me at the time of my first landing in Canada. so is it normal if i land in Canada alone. can my husband absence become a cause of trouble for me at the time of landing.

waiting for your guidance guys.