+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After hearing

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
One of my friend gone through the hearing, judge said will send you the decision soon, hearing lasted for 3.30 hours, if hearing last for that long, still judge could give the decision on table or is that normal to mail the decision.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
One of my friend gone through the hearing, judge said will send you the decision soon, hearing lasted for 3.30 hours, if hearing last for that long, still judge could give the decision on table or is that normal to mail the decision.
It is normal. Members are routinely given too many cases because of the backlog that is why sometimes like in my case the member does not provide the decision on the table. The member gave my decision 5 days after the hearing and I received the decision electronically after 3 weeks after the hearing.
With regard to the hearing, members conduct hearings because of detemining identity and credibility and IFA and sometimes they need time to compare the hearing statements versus evidence the claimant provided.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Decisions depend on factors like evidence, testimony and your Country’s NDP. Lengthy of the hearing doesnt not indicate certain decision/outcome. My hearing was 55mins, and i got decision on the table, same day. Those 55min including formalities by the IRB clerk before member joined session and member’s formality questions and swearing. Basically it took like 30mins asking questions about my BOC, evidence and other general questions. So that is normal and we hope your friend gets positive decision

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Decisions depend on factors like evidence, testimony and your Country’s NDP. Lengthy of the hearing doesnt not indicate certain decision/outcome. My hearing was 55mins, and i got decision on the table, same day. Those 55min including formalities by the IRB clerk before member joined session and member’s formality questions and swearing. Basically it took like 30mins asking questions about my BOC, evidence and other general questions. So that is normal and we hope your friend gets positive decision
Exactly! Timing is not determining factor in decision of hearings. The whole questioning part for me took 30 minutes and I had no decision until 3 weeks later which was thankfully positive.

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Appreciate your replies.
My friend says that member was very friendly, was not giving him hard time was more like discussion, but If in testimony one makes few mistakes, not where he was supposed to determine the fear of return but in other information, could that cast him in negative result or small mistakes could be ignored or be given benefit of doubt.
Thanks

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Appreciate your replies.
My friend says that member was very friendly, was not giving him hard time was more like discussion, but If in testimony one makes few mistakes, not where he was supposed to determine the fear of return but in other information, could that cast him in negative result or small mistakes could be ignored or be given benefit of doubt.
Thanks
There are two types of mistakes:
1)The ones that are unrelated to the main claim. They can be condoned by the member and mostly will be.
2)The ones that cause contradictions and inconsistencies compared to the narrative in the BOC.
The second type most definitely could cause issues with regard to credibility in the eyes of the member!
___
Oh God, I have been involved with this so much that IRB could call me any day and hire me as a member! :D :D

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Appreciate your replies.
Thanks
Is IRB contacted testimony ?
When Do your friend submitted BOC?

Jahangir1234

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
There are two types of mistakes:
1)The ones that are unrelated to the main claim. They can be condoned by the member and mostly will be.
2)The ones that cause contradictions and inconsistencies compared to the narrative in the BOC.
The second type most definitely could cause issues with regard to credibility in the eyes of the member!
___
Oh God, I have been involved with this so much that IRB could call me any day and hire me as a member! :D :D
Lol... If i had the authority, would definitely hire you as a member
So its mean that secondary details could be condoned.. Good to hear that, my friend was bit nervous, these answer would probably give him a sigh of relief.
Thanks farsxp

Reactions: farsxp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Some members want to think before giving the answer or want to do more research.