+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After hearing

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hi all,
I have a question about my Refugee Protection Claimant Document which is the document you've got when your file a refugee claim. My refugee protection claimant document will expire in May. My hearing was in this month. After when I receive my confirmation letter, I have to apply for health care and pr application. But do I have to renew my RPCD while my pr application is being processed? Thanks in advance

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,
I have a question about my Refugee Protection Claimant Document which is the document you've got when your file a refugee claim. My refugee protection claimant document will expire in May. My hearing was in this month. After when I receive my confirmation letter, I have to apply for health care and pr application. But do I have to renew my RPCD while my pr application is being processed? Thanks in advance
No, you don't need to.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all,
No

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
Would add that you may not qualify provincial healthcare. It will depend on the province and depend on whether you are working.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Hi all,
For PR & health card you'll need to provide NOD, not RPCD

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
I have one more question. My work permit is also going to expire in middle of May. Should I wait for my NOD to apply for renew my work permit? Does NOD help with applying for my work permit? And how should I apply for? There is a option called open work permit. Should I renew my work permit under that?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I have one more question. My work permit is also going to expire in middle of May. Should I wait for my NOD to apply for renew my work permit? Does NOD help with applying for my work permit? And how should I apply for? There is a option called open work permit. Should I renew my work permit under that?
IRCC will automatically get a copy of your NOD at the same time you receive it in the mail.
You need to apply online by creating a CIC GCKEY account and then send the application online. It takes anywhere between three weeks to a few months to get your new WP in the mail.
If you get the NOD in time then attach it to the "client information" section of your WP application. If you do not want to wait just attach an explanation letter and explain your RPD decision if the member told the decision to you during the hearing.

Reactions: Sheekritee

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
IRCC will automatically get a copy of your NOD at the same time you receive it in the mail.
You need to apply online by creating a CIC GCKEY account and then send the application online. It takes anywhere between three weeks to a few months to get your new WP in the mail.
If you get the NOD in time then attach it to the "client information" section of your WP application. If you do not want to wait just attach an explanation letter and explain your RPD decision if the member told the decision to you during the hearing.
I have a IRCC GCKEY account. Is CIC GCKEY account different from that? Will it be a normal work permit or open work permit?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
I have a IRCC GCKEY account. Is CIC GCKEY account different from that? Will it be a normal work permit or open work permit?
That is the same account. If your WP expires and you dont sent the extension application, you will have to send a restoration application which is not recomended.
Apply for work permit extension. You will know by answering relevant step by step questions. Do not apply for a new work permit.

Reactions: Sheekritee

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
That is the same account. If your WP expires and you dont sent the extension application, you will have to send a restoration application which is not recomended.
Apply for work permit extension. You will know by answering relevant step by step questions. Do not apply for a new work permit.
Thank you very much

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
Hi all,
Did you get your positive decision on the table?