+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Decision Letter Received

Mar 23, 2017
Dear Senior Members,
Could you please let me know, Convention refugee after got Decision Leter Positive by post, next things what should he do??

Where to go for what in Toronto.
-Health Card??
-SIN Number??
-PR apply??
-Work Permit??
-any other things to do??

Appreciate your help.

Reactions: gavendano

Anas1990

Oct 4, 2017
You have to get output the health card and apply for work permit , right after you'll get the temporary sin number start with 9 and eventually , you have to apply for PR and when ever you'll get it , they will change your sin to start with 5 and no need to get work permit anymore
Happy for you tho

Reactions: Spiritual Soul
Mar 23, 2017
You have to get output the health card and apply for work permit , right after you'll get the temporary sin number start with 9 and eventually , you have to apply for PR and when ever you'll get it , they will change your sin to start with 5 and no need to get work permit anymore
Happy for you tho
Thank you so much for your valuable information.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2017
Montreal / Toronto? I got my positive decision on the spot but waiting for the written decision
Carefully read my 1st post, it’s toronto.
:)
I got letter Decision as well.
But not received my old passport they took.

Do you have any idea that when they will give it to back or not.. when??

Jimbeam

Nov 23, 2017

Hi Spiritual Soul
How many days it took to you get written decision and actually you said about 4 weeks already you mean its an average time.. Thanks

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto

your passport will be returned to you on the day you became permanent resident (landed immigrant)

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

Rakib hasan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Dear Senior Members,
Could you please let me know, Convention refugee after got Decision Leter Positive by post, next things what should he do??

-Health Card??
-SIN Number??
-PR apply??
-Work Permit??

Appreciate your help.
Hi Dear ,

Did you get to know that your are getting positive results at end of hearing or you just get know it via mail?

Thank you

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Dear Senior Members,

-Health Card??
-SIN Number??
-PR apply??
-Work Permit??

Appreciate your help.
First Congratulations!!!

Now to answer your question if you have not already done these things.

To Apply for a Health Card
  1. Get an application form online or from your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
  2. Fill it out.
  3. Collect the documents you need.
  4. Take your application and documents to your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
To Apply for a SIN

Go to a service CANADA with your original copies of your documents ( Decision letter, ID ) ad they will give you a Sin that starts with a 9. there is a service canada at STC ( Scarborough town centre) thats where i got mine.

Apply for wok permit.

The questions way to do it is to apply online, create a GCkey account and apply online it will tell you the documents you need.

Other things you need to do, save up and apply for your PR as soon as possible you can go to a community centre that helps to fill out the forms and submit them so that you do not make any mistakes and leave any important information. t is important to apply soon because the processing time is 20 months.

Congrats again and all the best