+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After CoPR

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hey guys,
I recived my passport and CoPR today, I am wondering that Is CoPR equal Landing Paper? It doesn't show Landing paper as title, but looks like a Lnding paper.

Also, what do I prepare if I go to bolder? Is there anything I need to notice? Papers, documents etc...

Thank you in advance.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your COPR is your landing document, but you have to "land" for it to be validated.

Either book a landing appointment in your city, or go to the border.

If you go to the border, take passport, COPR, POF (if applicable), list of goods accompanying/goods to follow (B4/4a, if applicable).

Good luck & congratulations!!

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Lammawitch said:
Your COPR is your landing document, but you have to "land" for it to be validated.

Either book a landing appointment in your city, or go to the border.

If you go to the border, take passport, COPR, POF (if applicable), list of goods accompanying/goods to follow (B4/4a, if applicable).

Good luck & congratulations!!
Thank you Lammawitch
Do you know, can I apply my new SIN card with "Landed document" or I can only renew after reciving PR card? Thank you.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phrixus said:
Thank you Lammawitch
Do you know, can I apply my new SIN card with "Landed document" or I can only renew after reciving PR card? Thank you.
You can apply as soon as you land with your COPR & passport.

taztinch

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
if I'm going outside Canada by Air for my landing do I need any travel docs with me or a re-entry? Does it mean that the Visa on my passport that I got from my PPR will be enough to be my re-entry?

Thanks..

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
taztinch said:
if I'm going outside Canada by Air for my landing do I need any travel docs with me or a re-entry? Does it mean that the Visa on my passport that I got from my PPR will be enough to be my re-entry?

Thanks..
It doesn't matter if you are leaving through air or land, it is the same procedure. You will need every document necessary to the landing procedures: passport, copr, pof, and I would include the originals documents sent in your application: diplomas/certificates, letters, IELTS/CELPIP form, ECA and so forth.

taztinch

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Thanks Jorgecmb. I do have all my documents ready except for the visa that I got confused as my re-entry. Somebody told me that I need to get a travel doc that is why I got confused since I got the visa stamped from Ottawa as a immigrant, so it means that will be my travel doc right?

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
taztinch said:
Thanks Jorgecmb. I do have all my documents ready except for the visa that I got confused as my re-entry. Somebody told me that I need to get a travel doc that is why I got confused since I got the visa stamped from Ottawa as a immigrant, so it means that will be my travel doc right?
I've never heard about this travel doc thing, maybe someone else can help you better than me, but I just doesn't make sense needing another document for re-entry if you have been granted a COPR.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
I am from non-Canadian Visa entered country, do I need to apply travel document if I leave Canada after landing and without PR card? I need to go back home for few weeks, can I re-enter Canada without PR card receiving?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taztinch said:
The PRTD ("travel doc", as you call it) is needed to return to Canada by commercial carrier, if you already landed, then left without PR card.

So, have you landed, or simply received COPR?