+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After calling IRB for status update

Helena5678

Feb 14, 2021
Hello family,
I hope everyone is safe and sound.
i claimed for Refugee Jan 28th 2020. Received my work permit few months latter.
I recently called IRB to ask for Any update on my file... the agent said that i will not need a hearing for my case(I believe it’s a file review cat.) that was updated in August 2020..., that I should wait for a letter. She also advised to send IRB a fax requesting further info hoping it can spend up my case.
i communicated this with my lawyer and he said that I should wait instead... gosh I’ve lost my patience tbh

Guys do you recommend that I should send a fax? Or instead wait for IRB letter confirming my case In file review category?

Thank youfor reading and responding to this post!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello family,
I recently called IRB to ask for Any update on my file... the agent said that i will not need a hearing for my case(I believe it’s a file review cat.) that was updated in August 2020..., that I should wait for a letter. She also advised to send IRB a fax requesting further info hoping it can spend up my case.
i communicated this with my lawyer and he said that I should wait instead... gosh I’ve lost my patience tbh

Guys do you recommend that I should send a fax? Or instead wait for IRB letter confirming my case In file review category?

Your wait time is not unusual. You can ask but it won't speed up processing.

Reactions: Helena5678

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Hello family,

You dont have to loose your patience. Some people have been here since 2017. They dont have hearing date yet. Just be patient, and continue to pray for favour.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your case is being processed during a normal timeline so other than confirming that they have your case I am not sure what you are expecting to hear.

Chimney

Sep 6, 2018
Hello family,

Hello, follow your Lawyer, and by the way, if you have a Lawyer, why are you calling IRB? let your Lawyer works for you and just stay put and try to relax, it will be fine