+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After biometrics for spousal open work permit

chi89

Star Member
May 6, 2019
UAE
hello everyone,
I am applying my sowp from uae, my husband is already in canada, we submitted my application online thru cic on 27th of april, altogether with the documents required. Same day we receive a biometrics instruction letter which i did on 29th of april. but almost a week ago now, whenever i am tracking the status on vfs where i submitted my biometrics it is still showing that the application is under process on canada visa center office abu dhabi.

i am worried now because i don't see any changes on the application. is this still normal?

Edit

chi89

Star Member
May 6, 2019
UAE
i am worried now because i don't see any changes on the application. I contacted the vfs they said they already forwarded my biometrics to the canada embassy, bt when i check on the cic it is still not updated if they have received my biometrics. what should i do?

Reactions: Kvnpaul7

Kvnpaul7

Jun 23, 2019
i am worried now because i don't see any changes on the application. I contacted the vfs they said they already forwarded my biometrics to the canada embassy, bt when i check on the cic it is still not updated if they have received my biometrics. what should i do?
Any updates on your submission?

Kvnpaul7

Jun 23, 2019
Any updates?

Kvnpaul7

Jun 23, 2019
Same here... you applied 1 month earlier than me... so im taking you as my reference :) Do you have any idea how much time does it takes?

chi89

Star Member
May 6, 2019
UAE
Same here... you applied 1 month earlier than me... so im taking you as my reference :) Do you have any idea how much time does it takes?
actually no idea, because there are a lot here in forum already exceeded their processing times.. so no one can really tell how much time do we need to wait.. let's just hope that soon we will receive great news... ;)

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Glad to find others with similar situations. I applied for a study permit and my spouses owp on May 14th. My permit was approved Aug. 26th, but no update on his, just biometrics updated.

Kvnpaul7

Jun 23, 2019
actually no idea, because there are a lot here in forum already exceeded their processing times.. so no one can really tell how much time do we need to wait.. let's just hope that soon we will receive great news... ;)
Any update? I heard Vac in dubai is closed something like that?