+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After applying for determination of PR status

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
My PR card has expired. To renew my card, I have applied for PR STATUS determination under humanitarian and compassion since I did not meet the obligation of residency time in 5 years.
At the moment I'm in Canada, but I need to travel for some courses, exams.....if I decide to leave canada would I be able to return to Canada even I'm still waiting for the result of my PR determination?
What is the time process average for PR determination status (in Vancouver)?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Bmp2100 said:
Hi,
My PR card has expired. To renew my card, I have applied for PR STATUS determination under humanitarian and compassion since I did not meet the obligation of residency time in 5 years.
At the moment I'm in Canada, but I need to travel for some courses, exams.....if I decide to leave canada would I be able to return to Canada even I'm still waiting for the result of my PR determination?
What is the time process average for PR determination status (in Vancouver)?
personally not sure is a good idea to leave Canada whilst in your current situation given whilst as a PR assuming you come back via a land border you could probably come back in it is possible you would be formally reported for failing RO. Without a valid PR card or a PRTD you would not be able to fly into Canada.

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
Thank YOU Bs65!!

Am I eligible to apply for a PRTD outside Canada? or there is a possibility to refuse my application? from the PO document in the CIC web it says that if at once you entered Canada within 360 days before submitting your application, the visa officer should issue the PRTD.
Im not sure which application they referring to extension PR application OR the appeal application if in case some one appealing for his PR?

I really have to continue some exams outside Canada, and I want to come back home to my family who are all Canadian citizen!
Is it sure I can get a PRTD from overseas in my situation?

many thanks in advance!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Bmp2100 said:
Am I eligible to apply for a PRTD outside Canada? or there is a possibility to refuse my application?
Since you don't meet the RO, there is definitely a possibility they could refuse your application and start process to revoke your PR status. This can be done independently and with a different result from your current H&C case already in process.

from the PO document in the CIC web it says that if at once you entered Canada within 360 days before submitting your application, the visa officer should issue the PRTD.
Im not sure which application they referring to extension PR application OR the appeal application if in case some one appealing for his PR?
That rule is only if your PR TD is refused and process started to revoke your PR status, you can get a special PR TD if you've been in Canada within the past year just to wait out the appeal process in Canada.

Is it sure I can get a PRTD from overseas in my situation?
Again no, it's not sure.

Alternatively if you must travel before you receive H&C result and new PR card, it would be far safer to travel back to Canada via USA land border.

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
kindly, does the CIC send a notification email when approval and when sending the PR card OR do they just send the Cards by mail with no notification?

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
I'm very depressed and confused with this irrational delay from the IRCC.... PLEASE any one have any idea in my situation how long can it take more?!! I have been waiting for a year now to renew my PR card... I need an answer please!! I lost exams opportunities which will never come back!!

thanks in advance..

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
yes under H+C ground... and at the moment I'm in Canada with my wife and children who are Canadian citizen, and taking them back to the original country is taking them to an unsafe environment!!

R

rish888

May I ask, the country which you would go to? If it is a country that is significantly unsafe for Canadian citizens, for example if it is a country where the Canadian government advises against all travel, then you may have a successful H&C case as the officer must consider the best interests of children involved. If your children needed to return to a country where their life and limb would be in harm, as would happen if you and your wife were removed, you may have a successful case.

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
it does say avoid all travel!!
the Q now when are they gonna send my card?!!
I'm thinking to go for court to have a response...

what your thought please?

Varun_Y

Mar 1, 2017
Bmp2100 said:
it does say avoid all travel!!
the Q now when are they gonna send my card?!!
I'm thinking to go for court to have a response...

what your thought please?
Hello,

I just wanna ask you something please.

When someone is looking forward to renew his or her PR under H&C, so before the PR is renewed, is it going to be a problem to get a job in Canada if the person has a SIN number please?

Thank you.

Bmp2100

Mar 12, 2017
Np at all. I can get a job for daily living, like working in labor work or any other available work. I'm considered a PR since I'm in Canada and I do have my SIN No. the issue is that I'm a doctor and I need to write an exam overseas which has a limited time and chance to write, and I need to attend few education courses oversea, meet family member, basically I cant do that and time is running!!

Varun_Y

Mar 1, 2017
Bmp2100 said:
Np at all. I can get a job for daily living, like working in labor work or any other available work. I'm considered a PR since I'm in Canada and I do have my SIN No. the issue is that I'm a doctor and I need to write an exam overseas which has a limited time and chance to write, and I need to attend few education courses oversea, meet family member, basically I cant do that and time is running!!
Thank you :)

I am also a PR of Canada and I have newly 2 years in my PR card to return back. I am currently not in Canada due to the health of my father in law who is not very difficult condition.

I do have my SIN number as well. I will be returning soon. But I think I will have to go for H&C ground.

That is why I was asking if it will be a problem getting a job in Canada.