+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After AOR, Can Ieave Canada and wait the PPR in other countries?

Chenkai

Oct 15, 2018
Dear friends,

Happy New Year!

I am now have a problem for the CEC class. My medical examination passed on Nov.27, 2018, and on the same day, my statues has been changed into IP2. Now, I am still waiting for the PPR, 1 month! But, now, I have to leave Canada for a while for some reasons. Can I leave Canada and wait the PPR in other countries? When I apply for the CEC, I filled out the Canadian address. I am not sure if I can leave Canada. Or, after I got the ppr, should I mail my passport to Ottawa from another country or Can I ask my friends to bring my passport to Canada and mail to Ottawa. In addition, under what situations, do I need to take the interview? For now, my status shows that I do not need to take interview. Will that change?

Thank you so much for your time for answering my urgent questions.

Best wishes

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can leave Canada. If you plan to stay in another country for a substantial period of time, you should consider updating your address.

If you receive PPR you either come back and send passport to Ottawa, or request to send your passport to a visa processing center in the country you are staying.

If you are asked to attend a landing interview, you can request to reschedule but you'll need to com back for the interview

Chenkai

Oct 15, 2018
You can leave Canada. If you plan to stay in another country for a substantial period of time, you should consider updating your address.

If you receive PPR you either come back and send passport to Ottawa, or request to send your passport to a visa processing center in the country you are staying.

If you are asked to attend a landing interview, you can request to reschedule but you'll need to com back for the interview
Thank you for your reply. My life is expecting a baby, and we would like to go back to China. Will the change of address take long time or if I change the Canadian address into a Chinese address, will that impact my application?

Bonnie07

Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

I was in Canada on an IEC visa which has now expired. I applied for CEC and got my AOR in November 2018, I will be moving to another country for a few months soon until I hopefully hear the decision on my application.

I called CIC and they advised me to update my address using the below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

The CIC advisor explained that even though my current address is in Canada and I have been living/working here for two years, my application is still treated as an outside of Canada application and changing the address won’t affect anything but it’s best to keep them updated. It takes around 5 days to update the address on your application from the web form submission.

I hope this helps a little!