not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Hello,

My online status shows "Application Received" since March 5th, until now it still shows "Application Received" , why does it take so long to process? Acturally , im wonderng if they processed my application .

Can anyone help me out? What should i do?

Lambeen

Mar 18, 2014
hi there, I was just wondering if you ever had any luck with your application? We sent our outland application in May 2014 and they sent it back to me in August in error so that put me at the back of the line and we sent it back in august of this year. I had to call them to find out what is going on they said they would check, then a week later we got an email saying the had received it WOW haven't heard a word back so called them again today and she said, oh yeah its way past the time limit you should have heard something by now .... Grrrrr she said she would call the office and see what is going on. This is crazy and im sick of it. I hope things are going ok for you .

angrybunny1986

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Lambeen said:
hi there, I was just wondering if you ever had any luck with your application? We sent our outland application in May 2014 and they sent it back to me in August in error so that put me at the back of the line and we sent it back in august of this year. I had to call them to find out what is going on they said they would check, then a week later we got an email saying the had received it WOW haven't heard a word back so called them again today and she said, oh yeah its way past the time limit you should have heard something by now .... Grrrrr she said

she would call the office and see what is going on. This is crazy and im sick of it. I hope things are going ok for you .

Where did you call and whats the phone number u called

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
HI

Did YOU CONTACT CIC AND ASK IF YOUR MEDICAL RESULTS RECEIVED?

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Don't worry bro.. many people are in same situation.. refer below link, u wl get some idea..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-waiting-for-mr-for-more-than-8-months-please-join-here-t248369.540.html

angrybunny1986 said:
Hello,

My online status shows "Application Received" since March 5th, until now it still shows "Application Received" , why does it take so long to process? Acturally , im wonderng if they processed my application .

Can anyone help me out? What should i do?

CECFeb17

Nov 19, 2014
Hey bro.. there are a great bunch of people who have been waiting for more than 1 year to get medical exam request, and the only message they have gotten is "application received".. I myself applied on Feb 20 but all that has shown on my account is "Application received", one line message..

hopefully, we all can get something more by the end of this year..

angrybunny1986

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
CECFeb17 said:
Hey bro.. there are a great bunch of people who have been waiting for more than 1 year to get medical exam request, and the only message they have gotten is "application received".. I myself applied on Feb 20 but all that has shown on my account is "Application received", one line message..

hopefully, we all can get something more by the end of this year..
Thank you very much for your reply, but i have been told by some immigration consultants that it usually takes just 8 months to receive some updates, so does that mean we are in jeopardy? Its over 9 months now

CECFeb17

Nov 19, 2014
angrybunny1986 said:
Thank you very much for your reply, but i have been told by some immigration consultants that it usually takes just 8 months to receive some updates, so does that mean we are in jeopardy? Its over 9 months now
Yes, that's what i heard before I experienced this painful waiting. My understanding is that if an applicant submits simple and clear-cut document and application, ie., work experience with a valid work permit in NOC 0 or A and B category, employer's reference letter supporting the applicant's work duties, clear evidence matching his duties with NOC description, simple criminal check, no inconsistency in name or birth date, T4 or NOA, then it would take 5-8 months for the CIC to issue a medical request.

For the rest of applications, visa officer would attach "review" note and after that, the application is pulled out of the stream and sent to senior officers for a 2nd review. With this, long waiting begins... So, if one does not receive a medical exam request in 5-8 months after filing, it would mean that there are some points to be clarified in his/her application. CIC review begins.. and thus longer waiting..

angrybunny1986

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
CECFeb17 said:
Yes, that's what i heard before I experienced this painful waiting. My understanding is that if an applicant submits simple and clear-cut document and application, ie., work experience with a valid work permit in NOC 0 or A and B category, employer's reference letter supporting the applicant's work duties, clear evidence matching his duties with NOC description, simple criminal check, no inconsistency in name or birth date, T4 or NOA, then it would take 5-8 months for the CIC to issue a medical request.

For the rest of applications, visa officer would attach "review" note and after that, the application is pulled out of the stream and sent to senior officers for a 2nd review. With this, long waiting begins... So, if one does not receive a medical exam request in 5-8 months after filing, it would mean that there are some points to be clarified in his/her application. CIC review begins.. and thus longer waiting..
Thank you and that makes sense, does that mean my application will be very likely rejected ?

angrybunny1986

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
CECFeb17 said:

Also Im wondering if there is a maximum waiting time for the senior officer to review my application, does that take a couple months or longer?

The process time for CEC applications is 13 months, so does that mean they have to finish the case in 13 months?

Thank you

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
angrybunny1986 said:
Also Im wondering if there is a maximum waiting time for the senior officer to review my application, does that take a couple months or longer?

The process time for CEC applications is 13 months, so does that mean they have to finish the case in 13 months?

Thank you
Unfortunately no, there is no "hard" ETA for the application. According to CIC 80% of application are completed within 13 months, but there are other 20%... There are people waiting for response from CIC for 15-16 months and even longer...

CECFeb17

Nov 19, 2014
angrybunny1986 said:

Thank you
Um.. there are many many people who waited for more than 9 months or even more than a year until they got their medical request. So it is probably too rash to say your application or mine is likely to be rejected in the end. And 13 month processing time for CEC is just "average" time. Some folks get their MR 5 months after filing and PR after 8 months. It means, there are a bunch in the opposite side/unfortunate side, who have to wait for 18 months for the same process..

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
angrybunny1986 said:
Thank you and that makes sense, does that mean my application will be very likely rejected ?
I wouldn't say "very likely" to be rejected. There are many people on this forum who got their PR after >13 months wait. Though I would say the chances of rejection is relatively higher than those clear cut cases..

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angrybunny1986 said:

Thank you
u should ask for GCMS , if your case under senior review, there would be deadline for that review too in GCMS notes.

angrybunny1986

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
March 25th, 2014
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
yixiaop26 said:
u should ask for GCMS , if your case under senior review, there would be deadline for that review too in GCMS notes.

Thank u.