+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 24 months in LCP, I have OWP. What's next?

rsale22

Nov 27, 2013
Hi,

I'm so happy to be in this forum and truly appreciate all the hard work and effort in helping people overcome immigration problems. I am live-in caregiver. I'm done with the 24 months requisite, have already submitted a PR application and just received an Open Work Permit (Yey!!) ;D

Good news, but the only thing is, what's next? What do I need to do, papers to comply, or what do my dependants need to do while waiting for the PR approval? My dependants are my children ages 19, 16, and 9. Immigration experts, please help. Thanks.

Richard

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now you wait. It currently takes 39 months to get your PR under the LCP program, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

It is important that your 19 and 16 yo. children do not get married or enter into common law relationships (living with another person as a couple for 12 months or longer) before they have landed as a PR. Getting married or becoming a common law partner would cause them to lose their status as a dependent child and they would be removed from your application.

Is there a spouse as well? If you are separated from your spouse, in order to get PR for your children, your spouse must approve or you must show that you have full custody.

Vruu

Jan 16, 2013
rsale22 said:
Hi,

I'm so happy to be in this forum and truly appreciate all the hard work and effort in helping people overcome immigration problems. I am live-in caregiver. I'm done with the 24 months requisite, have already submitted a PR application and just received an Open Work Permit (Yey!!) ;D

Good news, but the only thing is, what's next? What do I need to do, papers to comply, or what do my dependants need to do while waiting for the PR approval? My dependants are my children ages 19, 16, and 9. Immigration experts, please help. Thanks.

Richard

Congrats!!! I have a question that I haven't been able to find a real answer to. How long did it take for you to get your OWP after you sent in your PR application? Is it true that it takes between 2 and 4 months? I'm getting close to finishing my 24 months and I would like to know what to expect haha

thanks for your help and congrats on the OWP! Good luck with bringing your family!