+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 22 months of waiting, DNA request

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
After 22 months of waiting, DNA request just come in..how frustrating. Does anyone know how long they process DNA results after submitting?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
After 22 months of waiting, DNA request just come in..how frustrating. Does anyone know how long they process DNA results after submitting?
My husband will be doing a DNA test any day now for his daughter. The lab we are going with in Canada gives the results in 4-6 days after they receive the specimens. Did you get a list of labs from your embassy yet?

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
My husband will be doing a DNA test any day now for his daughter. The lab we are going with in Canada gives the results in 4-6 days after they receive the specimens. Did you get a list of labs from your embassy yet?
They just sent a link to choose from. But the email says pick a lab and then they'll send further instructions..am a little bit confused about the whole DNA thin..how is my husband (sponsored) going to do it

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
They just sent a link to choose from. But the email says pick a lab and then they'll send further instructions..am a little bit confused about the whole DNA thin..how is my husband (sponsored) going to do it
Are you in Canada?

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
I chose the lab called Maxxam. They have a special on right now. The representative was very nice and helpful, she can explain everything. I sent her half the cost, and also the letter from the visa office (Haiti). The lab will then notify your visa office that you've paid. The embassy will contact your husband with instructions where and when to do the test. The specimen will be forwarded to the lab in Canada, results will be ready in 4-6 days. You half to pay the other half when the results are ready. My husband and child are both in Haiti so they will do the test together. Not sure how it works since your child is in Canada, but the lab will explain that when you call. Don't worry.

Reactions: Manal90

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Was Maxxam on the list?
The list is full of Government agencies that doesn't do DNA. I called almost all of them..Maxam was not on the list but I google it and they said nearest who does DNA is in Guelph; 6 hr drive from Ottawa. More frustration for me