+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 12th in arts does student can enroll in bussiness program?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without math and economics can i apply for business administration and commerce?
Without math unlikely. You will have to look at the individual program and also contact the program to see if remedial math can be arranged. You may want to try and take a math class and any other prerequisite in your home country. Much less expensive.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Without math and economics can i apply for business administration and commerce?
Contact the university/college that you are interested in. Usually good universities, no but you can make that up with a strong quantitative in the SAT and SAT subject exams. Colleges and lower ranked universities, you may be able to get in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Contact the university/college that you are interested in. Usually good universities, no but you can make that up with a strong quantitative in the SAT and SAT subject exams. Colleges and lower ranked universities, you may be able to get in.
Canada doesn’t use SATs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They don't require it but it doesn't mean they won't take it into consideration as part of your application if you choose to provide it, especially for a situation such as this.
I have a strong feeling that OP hasn’t taken their SATs.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have a strong feeling that OP hasn’t taken their SATs.
Perhaps. Just providing OP with a suggestion for his problem.

This is from the UBC Commerce Admission Page (A top 5 commerce program)

"Additional documentation: proof of English Language proficiency, SAT scores (for US students) and more may be required depending on where you’ve completed secondary school. Visit you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc for more information."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Perhaps. Just providing OP with a suggestion for his problem.

This is from the UBC Commerce Admission Page (A top 5 commerce program)

"Additional documentation: proof of English Language proficiency, SAT scores (for US students) and more may be required depending on where you’ve completed secondary school. Visit you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc for more information."
Based on the name and where the majority of international students are from I would assume OP is Indian.

jagdeepsingh0

Aug 19, 2019
Without math unlikely. You will have to look at the individual program and also contact the program to see if remedial math can be arranged. You may want to try and take a math class and any other prerequisite in your home country. Much less expensive.

What if I'm having offer letter from a dli college.10th math can be counted and how much chances are available to get visa..

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
St. Clair.
From their website:
Admission to the bachelor program requires at a minimum, an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, six university or university/college courses at the Grade 12 level and a minimum average of 65%. Program-specific admission requirements are noted below.

• English, Grade 12 (ENG4U or equivalent)
  • Mathematics (MDM4U or equivalent), Grade 12 Advanced Functions (MHF4U or equivalent) or Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U or equivalent)
  • Four other Grade 12 credits (U or M or equivalent)
  • The applicant must achieve an overall average grade of at least 65% in the above requirements. In addition, the applicant must achieve a grade of least 65% in ENG4U (or equivalent), with no grade less than 60% in the remaining courses used to qualify for admission.

I guess you need Math then. Contact admissions and see if you can take a maths class in the program. They may or may not waive the requirement. Good luck

jagdeepsingh0

Aug 19, 2019
From their website:
Admission to the bachelor program requires at a minimum, an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, six university or university/college courses at the Grade 12 level and a minimum average of 65%. Program-specific admission requirements are noted below.

• English, Grade 12 (ENG4U or equivalent)
  • Mathematics (MDM4U or equivalent), Grade 12 Advanced Functions (MHF4U or equivalent) or Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U or equivalent)
  • Four other Grade 12 credits (U or M or equivalent)
  • The applicant must achieve an overall average grade of at least 65% in the above requirements. In addition, the applicant must achieve a grade of least 65% in ENG4U (or equivalent), with no grade less than 60% in the remaining courses used to qualify for admission.

I guess you need Math then. Contact admissions and see if you can take a maths class in the program. They may or may not waive the requirement. Good luck

Bro i have offer letter of this college and i want to know does business program can be problem for getting visa as i wasn't student of commerce..