+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

aftee 9 years and 6 months now its over

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Finally after 9 years and 6 months i got my citizenship yesterday, and i was surprised the judge at the ceremony,she was the judge that i interviewed with her and refused my first application, but now is over i wish you everyone a best of luck with their applications.
Thanks for everyone who helped me out and answered my questions .

Happy new year

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
medielmawla said:
Finally after 9 years and 6 months i got my citizenship yesterday, and i was surprised the judge at the ceremony,she was the judge that i interviewed with her and refused my first application, but now is over i wish you everyone a best of luck with their applications.

Happy new year
Hearty Congrats !!!. Its was such a long wait, I can very well understand the pain and endurance you undergone.

Nice to hear the good news !!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
medielmawla said:

Happy new year
Congrats on getting your citizenship.

How long did it take to complete your 2nd application?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
medielmawla said:
I applied in march 2015 and got it in January 2016 so let's say 9 months
So the approx 8.5 years was wasted waiting to see a CJ?

You could have gotten your citizenship a lot sooner had you withdrawn your 1st application the moment you actually physically met the 3/4 year requirement during your 8 year wait for CJ and submit your 2nd application.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
My first application i got refusal after seeing the CJ, because i applied with 1092 days in 2012 i had to apply again in 2015 and i now i am Canadian Citizen

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
screech339 said:
So the approx 8.5 years was wasted waiting to see a CJ?

You could have gotten your citizenship a lot sooner had you withdrawn your 1st application the moment you actually physically met the 3/4 year requirement during your 8 year wait for CJ and submit your 2nd application.
I had similar situation, my immigration attorney submitted my Citizenship application with about 2 months short. Which I realized
very late, when it was assigned to CJ. I hoped to explain to CJ what went wrong, but I realized I wasted the time unnecessarily.

Process to see CJ dragged for almost a year. Who had just 3 minutes for me, he told "I dont have time" to review doc's about your claim of strong ties to Canada. Further he told, even if he grant Citizenship, the CIC would challenge that. I was shocked at that helplessness.

CJ insisted on me repeatedly - withdraw and re-apply.
So, what's point in cases assigned to CJ, its complete trap and drama to waste candidates time.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Congrats for completing the journey.

Would like to know if the refusal was due to short number of days as u were short only 3 days or due to failing the oral exam what you mentioned in the earlier post?

People like me who are expecting to decide are looking upon ur experiences so we can draw conclusion.

Have a great weekend!

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I mentioned in my earlier post that i got refusal because i failed my oral exam, but when i appealed in federal court, the immigration lawyer said because i applied with 1092 days, i am not eligible to have my citizenship, but in the refusal letter said that i failed my oral exam, btw now its over thanks god

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Exports said:
Congrats for completing the journey.

Would like to know if the refusal was due to short number of days as u were short only 3 days or due to failing the oral exam what you mentioned in the earlier post?

People like me who are expecting to decide are looking upon ur experiences so we can draw conclusion.

Have a great weekend!

I don't suggest anyone to wait until see the CJ , i suggest to widraw and reapply with strong ties and enough days, because they gona wait years and at the end they will get refusal like me i waited more than 4 years to see the CJ , the second application because i have stong ties and enough days in my application it was fast that's my opinion.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
medielmawla said:
I mentioned in my earlier post that i got refusal because i failed my oral exam, but when i appealed in federal court, the immigration lawyer said because i applied with 1092 days, i am not eligible to have my citizenship, but in the refusal letter said that i failed my oral exam, btw now its over thanks god
So you had to do an oral exam, which means, you failed the written exam as well. Usually an oral exam in front of CJ is given as a second chance if one failed the written exam. You failed the oral exam and you still appealed? No wonder it took you over 8 years to deal with the first application.

You could have easily withdrawn the application when you failed the oral exam. Submit another application, redo your test again and get citizenship a lot sooner than 9.5 years.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
orodeshah said:
when did you understand you have 1092 days and not necessary 1095 ? when did they tell you?
When i met the CJ she told me that i am missindg 3 days but she asked many questions and did to me oral exam and request CBSA and more documents, after 4 month i received the refusal letter.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
screech339 said:
So you had to do an oral exam, which means, you failed the written exam as well. Usually an oral exam in front of CJ is given as a second chance if one failed the written exam. You failed the oral exam and you still appealed? No wonder it took you over 8 years to deal with the first application.

You could have easily withdrawn the application when you failed the oral exam. Submit another application, redo your test again and get citizenship a lot sooner than 9.5 years.
In my case i did only one oral exam in front of the CJ but took me more than 48 months , i appealed because they didn't give a written exam , but also federal refused to give the chance to write my exam , they said as long as your file transfered to CJ then she will decide and take the final decision.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
CIC does NOT follow simple and logical process, validate eligibility of application immediately upon the receipt of applications.
dont wait for 4 years to discover that simple thing.

Is this an intentional blunder or cure for Cancer that is NOT yet discovered.

1) Did applicant pay the required fee ?
2) Does an applicant has the required number of days ?

All ineligible applications should be returned citing the reason within 2 months. Applicants who wants to contest their eligibility must pay $100 fee and be assigned directly to the Citizenship Judges. Avoid the processing bottlenecks for CIC and Call center staff.

If during the detailed processing an application is found to be ineligible or required clarity. The CIC send RQ and that response should approve or disapprove for the Citizenship Test. Then again, rejected candidates must pay $100 fee and be assigned to Citizenship Judge for further arbitration. All the passed candidates be called for Citizenship Oath.

Currently, CIC take years to process the application, even after receiving responses to RQ they still invite ineligible candidates for test, only to take another year to assign hearing with Citizenship judges. Why keep everyone in dark, false hopes and wasting everyone's time.

Citizenship Judges seems to be powerless and at the mercy of CIC officers. They timidly admit, even if they approve, the CIC officers can object. What ??? What's the purpose of having such powerless Citizenship Judges in the CIC, Wastage of Federal Resources.

Current Citizenship application processing system is completely illogical, criminal wastage of Federal resources and everyone time.

What's beyond understanding, is the CIC that dumb or does want to improve the system and continue with the senseless process.